New Oversize TIP fitted......

As title says installed a Oversize SFS TIP on Sunday.

They are well made I have to say. I removed my old Autobahn 88 silicon TIP which actually has lasted well and is better than most .

2014-03-30165310_zps638662af.jpg

2014-03-30165251_zps283e711b.jpg

Full Pics to follow for a install guide. :rofl: 

Mind you fitting new one was a PITA, as the lower section is a lot bigger you have hardly any space to get the section over turbo.

2014-03-30172724_zps23ca514f.jpg

• Like 2

As title says installed a Oversize SFS TIP on Sunday.

They are well made I have to say. I removed my old Autobahn 88 silicon TIP which actually has lasted well and is better than most .

2014-03-30165310_zps638662af.jpg

2014-03-30165251_zps283e711b.jpg

Full Pics to follow for a install guide. :rofl:

Mind you fitting new one was a PITA, as the lower section is a lot bigger you have hardly any space to get the section over turbo.

2014-03-30172724_zps23ca514f.jpg

It's a proper PITA to fit mine was a right nightmare to get on the turbo end. Does seem to improve response and it's way bigger than the standard pipe so will flow better. Just need to get mine mapped to take advantage of it.

Did you fit yours from underneath ? I did mine from under the bonnet was very awkward my arms looked like I been attacked by a lion lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it feel any different?

Yes it does actually , i little more urgent low down. I have not gone for it yet. I have some BAM Injectors and MAF coming soon and then a map and possibly a Hybrid :rock:

Do they do this pipe in other colours? Whats the advantages of using this type?

Yes buddy they do. green, blue, black, purple, red , and more i think.

I got mine slightly cheaper too.

It's a proper PITA to fit mine was a right nightmare to get on the turbo end. Does seem to improve response and it's way bigger than the standard pipe so will flow better. Just need to get mine mapped to take advantage of it.

Did you fit yours from underneath ? I did mine from under the bonnet was very awkward my arms looked like I been attacked by a lion lol.

I fitted mine first from under bonnet, then went underneath (on ramps)  as the silicon kinda gets stuck on the ridge of the turbo. So i carefully used flat screwdriver  to lever hose over turbo. This took several attempts of getting up and working from engine bay and back underneath to slowly coax hose to move into place. I undid the coolant allen bolt as no way would it go without that.

I also found the SFS hose was a little shorter than my old hose on fitting to MAF but got there. Also the DV and PCV are tight together. 

And yes I now have hands, forearms like a cat has attached them too :rofl:

Also back has a nice sore patch from getting in and out of underneath loads of times.

Getting on and off ramps was fun too... As my car is so low I need helper beams of wood to get up ramps and getting off ramps my mrs and son had to lift each wing up to get the spliters higher from hitting ramps.lol

I cannot wait to be attacking this job. Or is it the other way round?!

You don't have the measurements for the hose sizes to hand do you? I need to get a set of seven hose clamps in preparation.

Yep I found it a little shorter. Had trouble fitting the DV had to fit it sideways, very tight fit..

yeap exactly the same as me...

Great guide! R-Tech are out of stock for a while unfortunately.

Go direct to sfs site call them and ask for a discount . Got mine for £120 delivered :rofl: .

what is that oil all over the gearbox?

I presume you mean the diff.

I did have a cam cover oil leak at the back some time back and cleaned up most of the mess when a new seal fitted.

That has probably been on there some time , but actually not that bad, the flash in the pic makes it worse.. I ran out of time and light to clean it further..  

I also spray the box from time to time with WD40 when working under car just to stop any corrosion.. :rock:

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered direct from SFS on Friday and just landed. Big, bright, red dong-like shape! Can't wait to fit it, as it's pretty much the last piece of the hardware upgrade puzzle. Got a full set of clips from SFS as well, if anyone needs the sizes in advance, although you might as well give SFS a few quid for them to save messing about trying to source them from various places.