Power steering pipe burst

It's burst where the banjo joins the metal compression type fitting on the rubber hose I've got the old one off but would like to replace with a braided hose or something similar

£150??? Jeeee-sus!!!

Don't know if this helps, as it's not near you - but down by me on the South Coast, me and all my mates go to a place called 'Hampshire Hose' - website here: http://www.hampshirehose.co.uk/

They've never failed to be able to make-up a replacement hose for anything...even some of the strange hydraulic hoses on a friend's Unimog. And you can spec what type of hose you want - normal, braided steel, braided with a coloured sleeve, etc. etc.

I would imagine that if you gave them a call, and posted your dead hose down to them on a 9am next-day delivery, you'd have a new hose, to your spec, back at your house within a couple of days. Worth a try!

Thank you Ray they will get a call in the morning to see if it's viable to have one made. I'm cautious of a second hand one as like terkin says they don't last lol! And cn tuning is that a new or used part and is it compatible with a mk1 octy 1.8t please

Quick update I've managed to get a pipe made by a local hydraulics company for £35 :) and have fitted it but haven't tested it yet as I can't find a diagram to put my auxiliary belt back on (the aa took it off for me when the pipe burst so I could get it home) any body have a picture or a link to one showing the route it goes on a 02 mk1 skoda Octavia 1.8t thanks for all the help so far and ile upload some pics off the old pipe where it burst and the shiny new one later thanks

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry I've only just come across this thread whilst looking for an answer for some one else. The pipe I had made worked but it whistled for some reason I think the banjos at the ends where thicker so it restricted the flow abit so I replaced with a second hand pipe which sorted it for a year then that burst and now I have a new pipe on sorry for the delay.

My power steering pressure pipe has burst could really use some advice from someone who has replaced one would really like to talk to some one called bodge

Sorry only just spotted my name!

Sounds like you've had some fun with it over the past 2 years anyway! The new pipe I fitted years back is still going strong and showing no signs of corrosion yet, so perhaps they improved the coating on the steel parts. It's been a fit and forget job since I did it all, which is nice to have!