Cleanyourcar Foam Gun

Sparkly

This might not be new, but I haven't spotted this before.  It looks like CYC have sourced their own version of the Gilmour Foamaster. £34.99 is better than the usual £50 for the Gilmour.

Might be of interest to some on here. :hi:

foam-cannon1_zps71f936d4.jpg

I know a lot of people will turn their noses up at this because it is a hose end Foam Gun and not a true pressure washer Foam Lance, but I am really interested in this.  I don't have a garage with a pressure washer all neatly plumbed in and hooked up to the electric as some of my friends do.  Where they can merrily just unreel their extensions and foam near straight away, I have to not only pull the pw out of the shed and connect it to the water, I also have to run an extension cable from the house.

Because of the faff of all of this I have been experimenting with pre-washes and snowfoams through a small Draper Mixing attachment, and I have been quite happy with the results.  Crucially in 20 seconds I have turned on the water to the hose reel, clicked in the pre-loaded attachment and I am away cleaning, instantly cutting down the earache from SWMBO because it's 5-10minutes less it takes me to clean the car.

I think the next evolution will be to get one of these guns and see how much better the cleaning is over the Draper mixer.

Don't get me wrong in an ideal world I would snowfoam, it is more fun and I believe to an extent more effective because of the added cling, although I have been pleasantly surprised the results I have been getting with a good prewash and rinse.  So if I can get 80-90% of the cleaning effect from one of these, then I will be happy and that will just mean that I can clean the car more frequently and still safely.

• Like 1

Here's another one you could consider, Mark. Its in the `New` section of their site.

mesto-foamer.jpg

Yup, have looked at the Mesto's before but to my mind it isn't much above a standard pump sprayer and could potentially be a bit slow and annoying to foam a whole car with.  My Furby is small enough it might be ok, but if I am doing an estate or a 4x4 I think that would be a pita.

To make my point, take a look at this video (FF to 2minutes) I think he will be there a while :D

You can see here the difference - and that the foamaster type attachments aren't perfect either

And one more with better technique (use of foamaster) and a better idea of what to expect - got to love the Junkman and 'brother in a garage' productions :D

That said, he really ought to rinse the foam off first

Mark take a look at the one that appears in the video after your first video you linked it's called a Tec-one 1000 foamer and that looks really good compared to the other 2 you linked.

• Like 1

Looked at the tec-one but on DW everyone who initially saw this and showed an interest have binned or sold theirs, they are simply too slow for doing a full car and getting usable foam out of them is tricky.