corroded Skoda badge

billhook

Has anyone had the badge on Skoda badge on the tailgate replaced because it is showing signs of corrosion around the edges ?

I am going to speak to my dealer about it next week. This week the Yeti is off to the bodyshop for a light car park scrape repair. Thank goodness for cctv which caught the perpetrator.

post-98598-0-72858600-1396460446_thumb.jpg

Edited by billhook

Do Skoda replace them free or will I have to pay ? The Yeti is not two years old yet so the anti corrosion warranty is still running.

SUK have stated that the change is a warranty issue, therefore any dealer trying to charge you within the 3 year warranty period is not doing their job properly

• Like 1

I had mine replaced free, but have now replaced those with the much nicer and worm free new badges

No No Chris you mean the much more durable Vauxhall  ones :happy:

You've lost me with that one. Sorry

The new badges have been seen by Skoda purists to be very similar to the Vauxhall emblems in previous posts.

Personally I prefer the old green ones but it would be nice to have something more durable, its a pain to have them replaced every year.

The boot badge on my vRS SE ended up like this.

Can the green be removed somehow and replaced with another colour? I've not seen the back of the badges.

The boot badge on my vRS SE ended up like this.

Can the green be removed somehow and replaced with another colour? I've not seen the back of the badges.

Doubt it as they appear to be a lamination of different layers of plastic

Had both of mine done under warantee, no charge. First one at 8 months 2nd at 14 months. The first one was showing signs of going bad again when I PX'd it 2 weeks ago!

Also check the wheel centres, they also suffer "white worm".

Fred

Had both of mine done under warantee, no charge. First one at 8 months 2nd at 14 months. The first one was showing signs of going bad again when I PX'd it 2 weeks ago!

Also check the wheel centres, they also suffer "white worm".

Fred

And your wing mirror covers have gone a silver colour :giggle:  :giggle: .

post-52230-0-52375700-1396547271_thumb.jpg

Part of Freds Yeti live on on a FL.  did not like the silver from day one and Musky paint still on back order after 3 months, you looked after them well Fred not a scratch on them.

Also rear mud flaps fitted at last.

post-52230-0-63598800-1396547645_thumb.jpg

Its complete, well almost I feel a mod coming on :giggle:  

• Like 1

Not interested in the new badges then?

I am not entirely sure if I like the new badge. Also the front badge and wheel centres will have to be changed to match.

• 4 months later...

I was looking to get the new badges (front, rear and wheels) to fit my pre-fl Yeti while superskoda have their sale on (until end of play tonight)

The site is only showing front and wheels though and no rear :-(

Are the rear ones common to anything else (so I can find them on their site) or would I be better off just buying them from a UK dealer?

Mine's had them replaced once under warranty and rear is starting to show signs again now. If it gets worse (very mild right now) I will replace with new style badges. Got some way to go yet though...

Cheers

Rog