Hella Ralley 3003 extra lights

• 1 year later...

There is an easier & free way to do this. In the headlight there is an additional 501 bulb which you can barley see and isn't needed.

You can tweak the BCM with VCDS or VCP to change the function of this from a "side light" to a "main beam"

You can just then use this as a trigger for a relay to power the lights. You will need a relay as it is only rated for 5w

Job done!

You can even see in the tweaks section which channels need to be changed, it's only 2

• Like 1

There is an easier & free way to do this. In the headlight there is an additional 501 bulb which you can barley see and isn't needed.

You can tweak the BCM with VCDS or VCP to change the function of this from a "side light" to a "main beam"

You can just then use this as a trigger for a relay to power the lights. You will need a relay as it is only rated for 5w

Job done!

You can even see in the tweaks section which channels need to be changed, it's only 2

Wow... This is cool :) On my S2 FL I used the canbus adapter.. Even that I have separate high beam halogen bulb inside the headlight.. (I dont want to drill a whole) :)

• 7 months later...

I am currently touring Scandinavia in my campervan and am impressed with the number of cars fitted with auxilliary long range driving lamps.

This is presumably to help avoid collisions with the Elk and other animals wandering in the road at night.

I live in the Scottish Highlands and wish to copy this by fitting two extra spotlamps in the same way when I get home to help avoid collision with Red Deer,(a very real problem here)

I have an Octavia Scout 2011.

It would be easy to fit the lamps controlled by a switch controlled by the driver, but how could I get the lights to be controlled by the dipswitch so that they come on with the mainbeams?

I'm hearing words like 'canbus' which is putting me off. Could a competent auto electrician do this installation?

I am currently touring Scandinavia in my campervan and am impressed with the number of cars fitted with auxilliary long range driving lamps.

This is presumably to help avoid collisions with the Elk and other animals wandering in the road at night.

I live in the Scottish Highlands and wish to copy this by fitting two extra spotlamps in the same way when I get home to help avoid collision with Red Deer,(a very real problem here)

I have an Octavia Scout 2011.

It would be easy to fit the lamps controlled by a switch controlled by the driver, but how could I get the lights to be controlled by the dipswitch so that they come on with the mainbeams?

I'm hearing words like 'canbus' which is putting me off. Could a competent auto electrician do this installation?

As mentioned in an earlier post this device is an easy way to get it done  http://xbb.nu/pdf/SYSTEMDESCRIPTION_XBB-LIGHTSWITCH_EN-20131022-5.pdf

Available from for instance http://www.extraljuskungen.com/en/search.php?id=27358&id=27358&op=search&text=xbb

/Janne

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Job done!

This is interesting. Should be an easy way to install auxiliary lights.

I'd like to disable the main beam from original xenons altogether and use only multiple auxiliary lights as a main beam.

Just to leave the short beam as it is.

Would that be possible to code somehow?

So first, I would chance the "side light" to a "main beam".

Then I would disable the main beam from the xenons.

This way there would be dipped beam only on the xenons and main beam on the auxiliary lights?

This is a lot easier on older cars, just unplug main beam bulb and connect auxiliary lights instead.

Like in my old car.

post-143563-0-96466500-1466684246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Petunet

Sorry, I can't seem to find this.

Could you link me to the right page?

• 9 months later...
On 07/11/2015 at 10:37, xpower said:

Job done!

Sorry, this is slightly off track, but is it possible to install LED's to this sidelight 501 and then in vcds to set it to use it as DRL? Thanks

20 minutes ago, amwphotos said:

Sorry, this is slightly off track, but is it possible to install LED's to this sidelight 501 and then in vcds to set it to use it as DRL? Thanks

Absolutely possible, but even with ultra bright LEDs (5x light output) it's barely visible in daylight.

By the way it looks like this in the dark. :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2015-11-07 at 11:37, xpower said:

Job done!

Where is info about this? Only thing I found at all for "side light" was how to change type to led instead. 

But do I understand correctly that I should change Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 from Standlicht to left high beam? Or what should I change it to?

Weird thing is that when I take out the w2w (501) lamp I get error code for B12D0 15 [009] "Bulb for rear left side turn signal" 

Can I figure out if Leuchte16BLK is the correct one from that error core? 

Thanks to anyone how can help me with this! Would be so much nicer to just get signal to led bar from here rather than use cannect or something like that, which isn't just more work, but real expansive for what it is..  

If someone else is wondering about this, that is how to get a signal for auxiliary lights relay without having to buy expansive XBB or cannect device, here is what I did: 

I changed Leuchte16BLK Lichtfunktion A to "left high beam" and to get it to also light when I flash "high beam horn" I set Lichtfunktion B to "Lichthupe bei bereits........" If you don't care about that then set Lichtfunktion B to "not active". The other funktion channels should already be not active.

Then I changed Leuchte16BLK  Lasttyp to “LED Lichtmodul”.  Also make sure Leuchte16BLK dimmwert AB is set to 100%.

And then you steal the signal to relay from the left (driver) side headlight connector, it's the yellow thin cable with small black text at top of connector that is + for side light lamp, and ofc also relay for led bar or other auxiliary lights. 

This is only for left side, if you want to replicate function on right side it's Leuchte17TFL.  Also my car has bi-xenon afs with led drl. Don't know if this work on other, but then again, then you probably already have a standard high beam lamp you can get signal from. :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Bringing up an old topic:

if the coding for these auxiliary lights are changed to high/main beam, does the globe need to stay in the holder? Because I'm thinking of an adaptor that fits in place of the globe to trigger the relay.

• 2 years later...

Another old addition for those playing late.

There is a high beam wire for on the pre FL car with Bi-xeon headlights.

It's a yellow wire with a white stripe.

On the LHS plug, it's 2nd from the top and on the side closer to the edge of the car.