Yeti roof wrap

vRS G60

Looks great over the red. How much (if you don't mind me asking)?

£140  :love: Took 3 hours, I thought that was pretty good value.

I need black door mirrors now.

• Like 1

Black + Red always has looked a nice contrasting colour.

Brochure has - White - Black roof / Petrol Blue- White Roof & Red with White Roof.

Unfortunate that the L&K cannot have a different colour roof.

Indeed that looks like £140 well spent!

Maybe something to consider for any L&K owners who hankered after a different roof colour only to be denied it in the options list...

Black + Red always has looked a nice choice

I agree.....GO BOMBERS!

Unfortunate that the L&K cannot have a different colour roof.

Looks well smiley20.gif definitely the best contrast, Black mirrors would also look nice.

I saw one with a white roof and it looked like the Fire Chief's truck  smiley36.gif

I had one of those TSI grill badges and modified it to put on the tailgate. It didn't weather well it went all dull grey and crusty  smiley6.gif

It's vinyl that comes in large sticky sheets, and if it's applied properly, it looks good, it's cheaper than a paint job, and it can be reversed (unlike a paint job).

All those matte black and matte white Mercedes/Lamborghini/Nissan GTR's etc that you see around are wrapped, but a whole car costs around GBP2500 for a proper job.  

Brochure has - White - Black roof / Petrol Blue- White Roof & Red with White Roof.

I wonder if i can find the pics. I'd love to see what my Petrol blue yeti would look like with a white roof

I am thinking of having my yet's roof wrapped but have concerns about the damage that can be caused to the paint when cutting the vinyl round the roof rails, aerial etc. I read the post on Briskoda about the nightmare the guy had with the paint on his very expensive GTR. I think his wrap had been done by a reputable detailer so this made me almost ditch the idea all together.

I contacted the company that had been recommended on the thread and they said that it's always best practise to remove the rails. So I then looked into how easy it would be to have the rails removed but it looks like the headlining might have to be removed to do this. I've seen diagrams that suggest you might be able to remove them from the roof. But I would doubt this is the case.

I have contacted companies and they have said its fine and that the vinyl can be carefully cut in. But others who say they wouldn't do the job if they couldn't get the rails off. When I get the car I'm going yo go in and see them and they will evaluate the job.

I wonder if i can find the pics. I'd love to see what my Petrol blue yeti would look like with a white roof

There is an excellent Scottish lady photographer and Photoshop expert here, but we haven't heard from her lately...........................

I could mock that for you if you can supply me with a good quality picture of your car.

This is a mock I created for my car with roof and mirrors wrapped and the chrome spotlight trim fitted.post-46452-0-49814500-1396776685_thumb.jpg

I had one of those TSI grill badges and modified it to put on the tailgate. It didn't weather well it went all dull grey and crusty  smiley6.gif

I have one on order =

mz6FoXMOLwoc5OQ84AXiWUg.jpg

Muddyboots in answer to your question on whether they take the roofrails off when wrapping the roof of the Yeti. There is a thread started by HMI Bennett called Clingfilm car, post 53 says that the installers of his wrapped roof on a L&K Yeti ( note this has a sunroof) did take the roofrails off when applying the wrap.HTH

Tony

I have one on order =

mz6FoXMOLwoc5OQ84AXiWUg.jpg

That one looks better

I had one of these;

th_140.jpg

th_photo0044_0011.jpg

Edited by RickT

I could mock that for you if you can supply me with a good quality picture of your car.

This is a mock I created for my car with roof and mirrors wrapped and the chrome spotlight trim fitted.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thank you for the offer, but the brochure picture that's been posted is enough to convince me that I don't want it :-)

12600_Yeti%20-%20Lava%20Blue%20metallic%

Thank you for the offer, but the brochure picture that's been posted is enough to convince me that I don't want it :-)

That petrol blue Yeti has a silver roof though.  :think: