Retrofit cruise control

My wife has a 2013 Fabia Monte Carlo tech, to which has just had cruise control fitted by our local main dealer. Works great however, the right hand control stalk no longer has the controls for the MFD (they are not on the new stalk). The main technician is away on holiday and no one else at the dealership is sure if she can have both cruise control and MFD controls. Has anyone come across this?

They have fitted the wrong kit.

There are two kits, one with MFD and one without.

Suitable For: Fabia (5J), Roomster (5J) Only suitable for vehicles from CW 22/2012

Please note only suitable for RHD vehicles WITH on board computer.
Vehicles from CW 22/2012>

5J2054690A

OR

Suitable For: Fabia (5J), Roomster (5J) Only suitable for vehicles from CW 22/2012

Information: Please note only suitable for RHD vehicles WITHOUT on board computer.
Vehicles from CW 22/2012>

5J2054690

Yes, it'll need someone with VCDS to let the computer know that cruise control is there. There's a map on here of people who own VCDS and will surely be willing to help you out for some beer funds in return! :)

• Like 1

Tech1e, many thanks for the info; I went back to the dealer armed with the relevant part numbers and they were shamed in to admitting their error. The correct parts have been ordered and will be fitted on Friday, fingers crossed it will be OK this time.

It was shown in the brochure for £189 not long ago but appears to now say from £314 fitted. It took the technician who fitted mine the best part of a day to complete. Either he hadn't done it before or wasn't too clued up with doing it but they said it was tricky for them. Luckily Skoda UK covered the bill.

Edit: it says it will work at any speed 30mph or over however it appears to work from 20mph. Has anyone else tried? Is it different for auto and manuals?

Edited by austenw90

Yes, it'll need someone with VCDS to let the computer know that cruise control is there. There's a map on here of people who own VCDS and will surely be willing to help you out for some beer funds in return! :)

VCDS can't do all of them now. The last couple I have done have required a software download from Skoda.

Edit: it says it will work at any speed 30mph or over however it appears to work from 20mph. Has anyone else tried? Is it different for auto and manuals?

The Factory/Model fit version in my Greenline II works from 20(ish) mph too!! it's great for peeing off boy racers who want to hair through my housing estate at 40mph+ (a 20mph zone) I just slow to 20mph on entering and hit the cruise!! :D

• Like 2

+1  I was told they cannot fit cruise as it will not be a TECH 

I also asked my dealer (your dealer ;-) how much for it to be fitted to my Monte Tech and they said it can't be done.

Awsome GTI said they can do it for £300.

To follow up on my original post; my wife's car (2013 Monte Carlo Tech) has now been fitted with the correct cruise control which is working as it should, both cruise control and MDF are accessible and working OK. It was fitted by the main dealer and cost £350. Many thanks for the advice offered on this forum.

• Like 1

Just for those that think this is an easy job

This is a big job on the Fabia compared to the Octavia

Lots of wiring to be added from the Steering Column to the BCM which is difficult to gain access to. There is also a wire to the ECU which requires the scuttle panel to be removed.

The ECU is protected with Anti-Tamper bolts.

I've done a Fabia and a couple of Polo 6Rs and it takes me at least 4 hours compared to a Golf / Octavia which is all done in an hour

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi guys

I recently bought a Fabia 5J 1.2 MPI 2008 and I was wondering wether or not I can retro-fit Cruice control 

If so, Could one of you guys provide me with an OEM no. My model does not have board computer

From some of the above posts, it looks like there are two models - one with and one without board computer but then again the OEM numbers looks to me as if they fit models from 2012 and forward

I have Vag-com 409.1 btw. So another question is if I can use that for Cruice control activation ?

So to sum it all up :-)

Could u guys provide me with a part/oem number for cruice control without board computer for a 5J 2008? (2007-2010)

Can I use Vag-com 409.1?

Do I need to new wiring?

Your help is much appreciated :-)

Best regards 

Martin

• 3 years later...

Guys ,i own fabia 2 , 2010

Its1.9 tdi. I retrofitted cruise .

But theres a problem. Wiring diagram aays to connect white wire to pin 14 on the t81a connector. Number 14 pin is taken. Theres green/black or lightgreen/black wire that is some how connected to charge pressure control system. Any advices?

Cruise stalk works and coded by vcds (G appeared)

The bcm is 6q1 ...

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, J40STA said:

Has anyone here heard of a retrofit cruise control system on the Fabia mk3?

Probably, but you'll be better off asking the question on the Fabia mk3 section rather than here.

20 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Probably, but you'll be better off asking the question on the Fabia mk3 section rather than here.

i cant find the mk3 page :’(