Aerial option?

I tried fitting a polo one to my fabia and the metal thread wasnt long enough to screw into the original base! The polo one fitted my brothers mk5 golf though?!

I've got a Honda s2000 one from honda, cost a fortune, but looks decent and reception is great.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Another vote for the S2000 / CTR aerial from me. Had one on every car we've had since having the CTR a few years ago. Brilliant reception.

Cheers

Dave.

Do the new Polo and the Honda aerials avoid the spoiler when the boot is open?  I tried the Enfig aerial (very similar to the Honda) I had on my Polo and it still caught the spoiler.

I ended up going for the tiny Citroen one

You know the spoiler comes with a clear sticky back plastic protector on it don't you to protect from the aerial rubbing?

Do you have to replace the base to get these aerials on?

How do you get the Fabia aerial off?

The fabia aeriel just screws off. The s2000 isn't a perfect fit so you can either trim the bottom or just push it in until the thread catches then tighten it up (that's what I did). I would mess about changing bases to be honest.

• Like 1

My reception on my Mk1 Fabia estate is shockingly bad.

i've been told it'll be £50 for another one and £50 to fit....but that might not necessarily FIX the problem.

I have been contemplating changing it for something different - Shark Fin, similar but smaller.... i am not quite sure as yet.

Does anyone know which aerial gives the best reception? Is there something that can boost/amplify the signal?

i have a std Symphony head unit.

thanks

Pedro

Will post pics tomorrow. Looks good but nearly £40 from a Honda dealership. You can get "cheaper" alternatives from eBay.