Facelift and pre-facelift windscreens.

From a bit of reading i'm assuming the screens are the same on both types of felicia but wanted comfirmation from the people who will know if anyone could be so kind, thanks.

yes they are the same shape, there were a few different types you could buy, one had a green sun vizor strip across the top, there was a plain type, and also at one time a toughened uprated one too but as far as i know you can only get the plain ones from the skoda dealer now..

i checked up the other day and a genuine skoda windscreen is about £85 plus vat, but the rubber seal for it is no longer available from skoda and is no gone to being obsolete on the parts system, i was going to contact an autoglass type place to see if they can supply them still becuase i have a massive crack in my fun windscreen and it leaks like a sieve.

Yes they are the same for years. I just got a tinted one for the fun as I broke the blue top tinted one :-( cutting it out I think mine was some think like £38 for the screen and new seal from skoda about £18 and had it sealed in to stop them leaks it had and the rust...

Great thanks for the replies, noticed more facelifts than non in the scrapyards so with any luck i'll find an m.o.t worthy screen from one of those. The car doesn't seem to leak luckily but i'll check for rust anyway and hopefully the seal from my car or the donor car will be good enough to reuse otherwise i guess it'll be an aftermarket one if the genuine ones arn't available. Thanks again.

Also uma1998 you replied to my first post on here but i wasn't back on till now so sorry for not replying. The issue with the lock i was looking to buy was a three pronged bit (broke) that a circular spring presses against to centre the lock barrel after locking/unlocking, if you or anyone else knows the bit i mean i wondered if it breaking is a common problem on the early locks? Thanks.

Is it true that the felicia windscreens are also fit on Favorit's ?

I sort of know that its true as i am using the windscreen rubber of a felicia but i am not sure about the actual glass.

When i was reading posts about my own question i remember someone who said they'd bought one and it didn't fit. That said i did also read comments where people said it would fit but none said they'd tried.