Boot Torch ..

I noticed something strange tonight. When I locked the car with the fob, the small detachable torch in the boot stayed on ( at half brightness ). When I pressed open on the fob it went off, and when I opened the boot lid it went on at full brightness. Am I missing something?

Rob

It goes back in one end first, opposite way to get it off again ... Stick with it son ..!

Rob

Edited by Robbo Cop

Yes, LED DRL's, fogs and tailgate (inner) ... All are error free and resistors fitted where needed. Could this be the cause?

Edited by Robbo Cop

Thanks Coops .. Yeah I did notice that alright but it seems not right that it's staying on when I lock the car with the fob .. Could it be the LED's causing the problem?

Rob

Not sure Rob but I wouldn't have thought so.

Do your other interior lights stay on too? I would think that all the interior lights are phased the same so that they go off together?

No interior lights stay on ... I was wondering if the torch was on a time delay thing like coming home lights etc, but I can't see how that would make any sense? I also wondered if it was some sort of charging phase it was in but surely it would be fully off during that ... I'm stumped .

I fitted LED interior and DRLs and noticed a faint glow from the three LEDs on the torch when it's sitting in the holder - after the doors were locked.

It always did it and never caused a problem

Thanks dstev2000,

That's good to know, but it's not the LED's in the torch that are staying on, it's the little halogen bulbs that point with-ways across the boot if you know what I mean?

Rob

I have them fitted, bought from Superskoda, but they're not staying on, it's the little detachable torch. Is that what you mean? (apologies for any confusion ..)

Think we are all confusing ourselves - I thought by your second comment that it was the 2x lights in the tail gate.

It is the torch we are talking about, circled in red here:

skoda_superb_021211_%25286%2529.jpg

Think we are all confusing ourselves - I thought by your second comment that it was the 2x lights in the tail gate.

It is the torch we are talking about, circled in red here:

skoda_superb_021211_%25286%2529.jpg

Exactly right ...

Thanks Kilkenny,

It must just be that way then I guess. I would have had a flat battery by now I suppose. If you can, could you ask them why they stay on? No problem if you can't.

Cheers,

Rob

No, it was turned off when I put it back ... I think I've made a mountain out of a mole hill here..! It looks like it must have a dim glow when connected and that's normal. If any other combo owners fancy checking their's it would confirm this.

Many thanks for all the replies lads ...

Cheers,

Rob 

I will check mine tonight.  Can't say I've ever noticed it before with the luggage cover over it.  That makes 3 treats for the big Sko tonight: new rear wiper, new LEDs under the side mirrors, and now checking the torch.  Things don't get any more exciting than this.

What a life eh' Jake?  :rock:

Rob

NB: That should have read 'Combi' owners not 'Combo'  :wall:

PS: I believe fitting the LED puddle lights can be a delicate process (not breaking the mirror glass). Can you post how you get on if you have a minute?