'Wish list' for next generation Superb...?

All this speculation about the next generation Superb has got me thinking (yes I know I'm probably a bit sad!)........what spec or items would we like to see included in the next Superb?  I'm thinking about some of the more basic things that may have been omitted from the current version for whatever reason or those items that we'd love to have available as options or as standard (or what should be standard but is not).  I know that some innovations have been announced and of course Skoda is technically the 'budget' brand of the VAG group but there is still room for improvement IMO...

Who knows, maybe 'the powers that be' in Skoda may take some of our suggestions on board....!

Anyway, I'll kick it off with some very random ones I can think of:

Bigger fuel tank

Remote (internal) boot release on the hatch model

More hooks in the boot area

Heated steering wheel

Full LED headlights

No more 40 profile tyres...!!

• Like 1

diesel engine with min 190 HP / 400 Nm

possibility to remap without loosing warranty

2.0 turbo petrol with less Co2

possibility to enable stop-start forever

haldex5

better sound isolation

changes to the suspension - for better working on potholes and bumpy roads

• Like 1

- Bigger fuel tank for sure, my last Audi A4 had a 70 litre tank which was just perfect for my week's driving, now I really notice that extra 10 litres!

- Electrically movable steering wheel

- A Sport variant with sports seats and stiffer suspension (not everyone's cup of tea I know but would still be a good option)

- Reversing camera

- Increased functionality for the clock/temperature readout in the rear

This has got me thinking now!

- More room under the steering column.

- Easier access to ISOFIX points.

- Electric heater for cold days.

- Giant net that pops out and scoops up cars after they've violated the back of your car, to stop them from driving off.

I'd like to see - 

More colours

More customisation in colour combinations such as choice of leathers, a sport pack like S Line/ AMG kits 

In car Wi-Fi

Massage seats

Pop open window (Combi) 

Bigger rear screen for the passengers, possibly quad climate control

Sports option

Wish they'd keep a v6 but I know there might be a 295bhp 2.0 TSI option, and a tri turbo diesel has also been spoken of somewhere

Big wheels! :) 

Electronically adjustable suspension 

LED lights

Heated and cooled cup holders

Mood lighting

A glove box that can actually hold A4 files!!! 

Aluminium switches

Autoclean paint & windows?!

Maybe double glazed glass like Citroen have

A more customisable 4x4 system with a few options you can manually select through the stereo/ maxi dot

saloon/ combi/ coupe (gt) versions

I'm sure there is more... :think:  

• Like 2

Mmmm -

More fuel = more weight, generally = less mpg

More power usually = less mpg

Extra toys and sound deadening = more weight, generally = less mpg

I'd like to see new/better engines - diesel and petrol

Free option of going to a 16" or 17" wheel/tire combo

I agree with a repackaging - same internal volume with a smaller external size - a 'TARDIS' move :rofl:

LED's as standard

Easily removable roof bars

Weight loss without a loss of the quality feel.

DON'T over design the bodywork - just lower the CD number

I understand the request for a 'VRs' option - but doesn't the V6 petrol take care of that ?

Overall better BUT similar with little or no price rise   :think:

Being slightly controversial here but what you are all mainly asking for can be found elsewhere in the Volkswagen Group and I believe we all bought our cars for the level of space, equipment and value that the Superb gives.

Adding all of these things will come at a price that would push it closer to other marques within VW and either become too expensive or too close to a VW or Audi to make you look there instead.

Being slightly controversial here but what you are all mainly asking for can be found elsewhere in the Volkswagen Group and I believe we all bought our cars for the level of space, equipment and value that the Superb gives.

Adding all of these things will come at a price that would push it closer to other marques within VW and either become too expensive or too close to a VW or Audi to make you look there instead.

I suppose I was initially thinking of the sort of things that you might expect to find in a car like a Superb but they seemed to have missed but hopefully they will include next time.  I was completing a Skoda form recently (they send it after you buy a new car asking for areas of improvements etc) and I got thinking.  Only problem is, as you say, if you added everything that we wanted you'd be up around the price of a fully loaded A8!  I'm sure they could raid the parts bin in VAG though and give us a few extra toys :happy: .  Nice to have some fun and dream anyway :happy:

Love some of the suggestions BTW!

Electronically adjustable pedals to go with the longer reach steering wheel!

I see what you mean about being controversial, but its still nice to offer the same level of kit for a few £££ less! That's what makes the elegance, and L&K specs such good vfm and they look good :)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

My list:

Cup holders in the door pockets

Cup holders in general large enough to hold a drink bottle

Display of seat belt unbuckled for all seats

Radar Adaptive cruise

Reversing camera

Blind spot monitoring on mirrors

(just about all things available on a Mondeo Titanium)

• Like 1

Love some of the suggestions BTW!

My main wish would be a V6 Diesel, reversing camera and a larger fuel tank.

Everything else I could live with.

All the other goodies like auto lights, lane departure, adaptive cruise, blind spot are all great things to have but when I see the price of these options and the fact that I have needed them in 45 years of driving suggests they would just push the car out of my price band.

• Like 1

When I learnt to drive in the 70s cars were very basic. Did have heaters and wipers. Radios were optional extra, plastic faux leather seats were common, no seat belts, never mind seat belt warning. Quarter light windows never sealed closed properly. We could open and start our Ford Corrina with the Yale key for our front house door. Acceleration was measured with a calendar, brakes were iffy at best.

I love my Superb as it is, and I have poverty spec

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Full LED's, Headlights, Rear Lights, Interiors etc.

Electronic Parking Brake, after having one on my Insignia they are the best thing since sliced bread and I really miss it, so much easier just flicking a switch and knowing it isn't going to roll back on a hill, when you're ready you just drive off, no need to release it, should be standard on every car now.

Full Beam Assist, again although I have AFL it is lacking the extra bells and whistles from the Siggy and others, I think the AFL itself is better in the Superb, just don't get why they missed off the FBA.

Traffic Sign Recognition.

Speed Camera Warning ;)

Full beam assist is exactly the type of spec that really should be included on the Superb. Wouldn't cost a lot at factory build stage if they go to the trouble of adaptive bi- xenons.

I still like an old fashioned hand brake though but I have a manual box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one that I thought of today, whilst trying to stop something sliding around in my door pockets:

- either small dividers in the large pockets on the front doors

or

- some form of rubber liner to stop things sliding around

or

- both!!

As well as some of the points that have already been listed:-

A display that the front seat passenger can see that is similar to the one in the rear.  SWMBO's always asking what's the temperature outside.  You could see it on the MkI on the climate control panel;

Ventilated seat switches in two of the blanks next to the gear shift instead of in the base of the seats.  I sometimes knock the switch with my heal if space is limited to get in or out and the driver can't reach the passenger switch if it's left on;

DRLs that remain on when the sidelights are turned on;

7 year warranty.

And a £40,000 basic price tag for everything mentioned thus far..........

And NO electric parking brake asshattery either. Worst idea ever. My Insignia loan car (shudder) had one and it was ****.