'Wish list' for next generation Superb...?

Id just like door pockets that can easily fit a hand in to grab a sweet and cup holders that a Costa cup will fit in properly. Oh and maybe a bit of hybrid action.

I'm missing point of this.

Not so much the front sidelights, but the rear ones.  On grey dull days, xenon headlights are too much, but without them there are no rear lights.  I don't mean in fog or rain, when headlights and rear lights are definitely needed.  In the area where I live, there are many roads that can be quite gloomy with overhanging trees and I like to have lights all round and not just at the front.

And NO electric parking brake asshattery either. Worst idea ever. My Insignia loan car (shudder) had one and it was ****.

In what way?, I really don't get why people don't like EPB's, it's so simple, pull the switch once to engage, twice to engage fully, I never experienced any rollback and you just drive off without having to release it. I think the VW system is slightly different isn't it?, I seem to recall my mates 2010 Passat auto engages the EPB as well doesn't it when you put the car in Neutral and take your foot off the Clutch, which is even better. The Handbrake belongs in the Ark along with a Speedo Cable, Distributor Points and Wind up Windows ;)

My Siggy was a Manual too BTW.

Edited by EyghonUK

It's got to be better carpets.

I would agree on better quality carpets apart from cleaning.

I suppose Rolls/Bently lambs wool might be a bit opulent.

Heated screen available on all models

wider more comfortable front seats that can go a tad lower

Continuation of the twindoor rear hatch

radar cruise control and autobrake

No electric handbrake

Even better economy (I pay for my own fuel)

Softer ride on Greenline

6 speed gearbox on Greenline.

No auto dipping rear mirror (I hate them)

75 litre fuel tank

PTC electric heater

Device like Fords have to prevent adding the wrong fuel 

Rear wash wipe on rear hatch

Edited by Pesmog

wider more comfortable front seats that can go a tad lower

Would certainly agree the seats could go down a bit lower.

While on the subject of the seats, move the controls so the Wife doesn't keep naggin' me about her seat moving every time she gets in and out.

Proper adjustable Headrests with tilt as well as up and down.

• Like 1

There is only one thing that will get me at least to buy another Superb, and that's plugin hybrid technology.

It is not as if there is not enough free space in the boot for the batteries. Especially since I cannot fit a full sized 18" spare in my estate anyway.

Just think... 170 HP diesel, mated with an electric motor that boosts it to say...240-270(ish) and 70 - 140(ish) MPG

Or am I just pipe dreaming? :wonder: .

Oh yes... and a bigger fuel tank with at least 60 miles range from batteries alone. If I could get that on a Skoda Superb I will never buy another car again!

Edited by smiffy64

There is only one thing that will get me at least to buy another Superb, and that's plugin hybrid technology.

It is not as if there is not enough free space in the boot for the batteries. Especially since I cannot fit a full sized 18" spare in my estate anyway.

Just think... 170 HP diesel, mated with an electric motor that boosts it to say...240-270(ish) and 70 - 140(ish) MPG

Or am I just pipe dreaming? :wonder: .

Oh yes... and a bigger fuel tank with at least 60 miles range from batteries alone. If I could get that on a Skoda Superb I will never buy another car again!

It could happen as this is set for release in August. Hopefully won't take long to filter to the Skoda brand. It will definitely keep me interested in the brand. Its petrol ss opposed to diesel though.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/86198/volkswagen-golf-gte-2014-review

Maybe the Superb estate is too big and heavy to make it viable. But I cannot help but be optimistic as most other manufacturers are doing the research to lighten the chassis etc.

I am prepared to wait two or three years or so but it would be reassuring if Skoda at least announced they were planning plugin hybrid technology.

It has to be plugin as I believe that most big employers will install the charge points in the company car parks. I assume that they will be happy to do this as they would be able to claim on their tax bill due to being green and energy efficient and all that.

If range can improve it might be viable. The superb isn't exactly a city car and most will be on motorways etc eating up the miles, especially the larger engines so the limited range that we see on a lot of plug in cars wouldn't be practical. They might get there with the technology in a few years but I reckon will probably be more popular on the small and mid sized cars for another while yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My s does have heated mirrors, turn he mirror control in either direction as if to adjust them, and keep going. Heated mirror on position is 180 degrees from normal off position. Superb is first car I have had with heated mirrors not linked to heated rear screen

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That heated mirror switch is so annoying, I quite often turn it to heated but then forget to turn it back to "L", so when I come to reverse the mirror doesn't drop, much better when it's linked to the rear screen switch which also turns itself off after several minutes.

Agree, no more 40 aspect tyres.  The Elegance Estate on 18 inch wheels and Continental tyres suffers from excessive road noise.

More comfortable seats.  Having just changed from a Volvo V70, Skoda should take a serious look at Volvo seating and emulate it.

Agree, better quality carpets and mats

Self dipping rear view mirror as standard.

Had an electronic parking brake in the Volvo and this worked well. So suggest an EPB.

Flat floor in the Superb Estate.  The Volvo's seat folding arrangement was far superior.

A simple remote locking system. One push for lock and one for open and the door mirrors fold down automatically. No silly bleeping when locking/unlocking the car.

Full size spare wheel as standard. If you have a puncture and a fully loaded boot, where do you put the full size wheel when you've changed it for the space saver?

USB connectivity as standard.

Edited by Bule

Mine has full size spare, it is not full full size because I have 18 inch wheels, it is 16 inch.

- Heated windscreen as standard  

- Headrests with integrated displays connected to Columbus (this is not expensive any more, I've got mine, soon will be fitted)

- Natural leather option in some trims instead of Eco version

- 7 Shift DSG for high power models (DQ 500)

- Would like to see 2.0TSI like mine with 265bhp, 400NM torque

- 2.0TSI with 4x4, DSG, start stop and energy recuperation

- Runflat tyres as a standard 

- Adaptive suspension!!!

- Twin door to remain standard with electric closing :)

- Automatic rear sunscreens instead of manual, or higher percentage sunset glass

- Soft door close 

- Higher quality body paint

- Safety camera  front and reverse camera as a standard

- Integrated child seat on rear bench as an option.

- Bottle holders in front doors

and of course larger fuel tank as an option or as a standard. Bi fuel version would be also ok (LPG/CNG)

Only three things for me - longer Service intervals, less CO2 emissions (get it near to 100 as per other VW models with similar engines, esp 170 TDI), and improve the front seat comfort - there's too many hard edges which numb 'bits' of you.

Other than that, it's all probably vanity!