Selling vRS -WBAC or trade -in PX.

Just did a trawl on my Partner Fabia vRS  May 2011 with 42000 mile fsh etc.

WBAC off £6330.

Trade-in against a Ford Fiesta ST-2 Trade-in and a New at Dealership both quote starting with out seeing £7500 and no pushing.

Also got same from VW Dealer on a Scirocco 2.0 ltr TDI on a 63 plate.

Against £16950,£19100 and £19500 respectively.

What has been your recent experience.

Just did a trawl on my Partner Fabia vRS  May 2011 with 42000 mile fsh etc.

WBAC off £6330.

Trade-in against a Ford Fiesta ST-2 Trade-in and a New at Dealership both quote starting with out seeing £7500 and no pushing.

Also got same from VW Dealer on a Scirocco 2.0 ltr TDI on a 63 plate.

Against £16950,£19100 and £19500 respectively.

What has been your recent experience.

Note! Based on WBAC valuation, that would be 44% of the Demo purchased price, 2.5 years ago!

I would think £8k in part exchange.

Or advertise on here with a view to getting £8k,since these are more affordable prices now for private buyers.

• Like 1

id be looking for 9 min now for mine, its a 61 plate, if yours is 11 then 8.5 min but no harm trying for more or quote them drive the deal prices and say youll sell private and use them if they wont meet you somewhere near

• Like 1

one funny thing that happened with me, lass said your extras arent worth anything as extras never are so i said ok ill have the st2 for the same price as st1 as its only extras, she gave me a funny look but never said dont be stupid, worth a punt lol

• Like 2

Used them a few years back to sell a second car.  One price was offered on the internet but it was totally different when I dropped it off.  It reduced dramatically.  I look after my cars but they picked up every minor fault like a small stone chip etc.  I would never go back.

• Like 1

Used them a few years back to sell a second car.  One price was offered on the internet but it was totally different when I dropped it off.  It reduced dramatically.  I look after my cars but they picked up every minor fault like a small stone chip etc.  I would never go back.

THIS!

I checked price on a car at WeBuyAnyCar some time ago; got a reasonable offer so out of curiosity, took it to be checked - they knocked off about 20% and were very pushy; I sold privately for more.  Internet price is just a "Come on".

• Like 2

We got £8500 for our 11-plate 22k-mile vRS recently as a trade-in so that WBAC offer seems low, and that's before they start savaging the price down.....

Tom,

Thanks for that detail.

As a matter of interest relating to your new motor. Did you request an extended warranty form the selling dealer, as part of your deal?

Tom,

Thanks for that detail.

As a matter of interest relating to your new motor. Did you request an extended warranty form the selling dealer, as part of your deal?

Hi Keith,

No I didn't bother buying an extended warranty as it's highly unlikely we would keep the car beyond three years as I tend to get itchy feet! Having said that the last vRS lasted exactly 3 years which is my all time record for any motor so far.....

I traded mine in today and picked up a 2012 Octavia VRS. Mine was a 2011 S2000 26,000 miles and i got 7500 against a 15000 Octavia. Plenty around for sale under 10000 at main dealers. I think the reputation hasn't done the fabia VRS much good to be honest. Having traded a MK1 Octavia VRS for the fabia its great to be back in the Octavia. I certainly wouldn't have another Fabia.

• Like 1

one funny thing that happened with me, lass said your extras arent worth anything as extras never are so i said ok ill have the st2 for the same price as st1 as its only extras, she gave me a funny look but never said dont be stupid, worth a punt lol

But Ford have the sense to offer three levels of kit with three retail prices, which are actually quite good value at £1,000 step up per spec level.  So second hand it's easy to compare spec.

As the Skoda is just one model with plenty of options they don't add anywhere near as much value.

It's still just a VRS because when it's second hand most people looking at buying won't have a clue what is standard or not.  So will compare to a base car.

Did you get a good long test drive with the Clio without a salesperson with you?

I have had 2 out now for extended drives,

and on the second time i disliked the box more than the first time. 

Did you get a good long test drive with the Clio without a salesperson with you?

I have had 2 out now for extended drives,

and on the second time i disliked the box more than the first time.

No I did not, only had for about an hour and was happy with it. I messed about with sports mode and to be honest I wanted another auto box car with a bit of poke when needed and the clio fitted the bill. Even with the Vrs I never used the paddles and won't with the clio, I am happy with auto mode. I have never even used sports mode with the fabia. To be honest if the fabia did not use as much oil as it does I would have kept it for longer and maybe went for another.

I have got so used to an auto box and the only small quick car I liked was the clio

• Like 2

There is a 2010 vRS Green, Black Roof, Black Gigaros with 22,000 miles advertised at a dealers with an Asking Price of £7,195

So that will likely be £7,000 or less cash.

Cheapest i have seen @ a Dealers.

advertised on Autotrader.

'Asking Price',  £6,989.

Race Blue, Black Pack, 26,000 mile. 2011/61 plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer Dreaming, or are they.

I see a 2011 S2000/vRS with 2,900 miles advertised for an 'Asking Price', just under £12,000.  (£11,990)

Registration SK11 ***

They must think it is 'special'. or that someone buying it will

The prices have dropped quite considerably since I got mine. If I could get a good price for mine I would swap it for a newer/better equiped one. Perhaps had to drop theyre prices due to more people knowing the issues some have??

The prices have dropped quite considerably since I got mine. If I could get a good price for mine I would swap it for a newer/better equiped one. Perhaps had to drop theyre prices due to more people knowing the issues some have??

Just doing that for my partner.

£7500 with 44000 on the clock but with the new recon engine fitted and ready for tomorrow.

PX with 13 plate 9months old car with 8000miles on clock, with a much higher spec.( than her approx. standard +armrest, car-black roof and alloy on a red car.)

This is all black with sat- nav, sunroof ,armrest, back alloys - full book price new £19500 ,8 months ago at today configuration prices.

So that was £ 4900 to change about £2k cheaper than when she bought her demo previously.

So pleased with that and Hopefully a better spec engine.(CTHE PLUS OTHER IMPROVEMENTS)

Oh! she also has an extra years warranty on the new one.

This was the best value car /spec on the Skoda website last week.

Forgot to say Best and worst  PX offers were:

£7500 form Skoda and Toyota ( LOOKING AT GT86) WITH A BIT OF PUSHING without seeing, over the internet.

£6250 From Toyota dealer initially but moved up as end of month approached!!