Selling vRS -WBAC or trade -in PX.

2 days ago I was offered £8700 at a Nissan dealership against a 350z. Mines got 26k miles on an 11 plate.

It's difficult to know if that's good without knowing the deal on the 350.

They could be overpaying you because they are making a tidy sum on what you are buying.

About £7200 from WBAC for a 61 plate, 37k mile one in Jan. I thought that was OK really given a couple of bodywork issues and corroded dark chrome wheels. Didn't have the option of p/x as I'd taken out a lease that had already arrived. Had tried to sell privately, and offered it to a couple of local Skoda dealers - the offers I'd got were less than WBAC.

I'd paid £14k two years before for it as a 3-month old, 3000 mile ex-demo. With depreciation, tax, servicing and petrol it worked out at 40p a mile for my ownership which I was fine with. The diesel Civic I owned before (also an ex-demo) was barely cheaper to run, and the cars I had before (106GTI, and an Alfa 156 wagon) which were older and depreciated less actually cost more to run overall.

It made it to Vindis in Bury St Edmunds where it started at 11k and kept falling - last time I checked (last month, it had been in stock for 3+ months) it was 9999. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got it for a fair bit less. They'd fixed the issues and the wheels were refurbed black so had put some money in it.

Trade-in values are pretty much meaningless as they'll happily bump up the price of a p/x but not take as much off the new car - most people feel the deal is a better one if it's that way around.

Edited by simon_g

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

WBAC will give me today over 1/3rd of what someone paid almost 5 years ago,

& that is for a 3 Keeper 10 plate vRS with average miles.  

More for it could be achieved with a good deal at a Trader or Private Sale.

Not bad where a car costs less than £2,000 a year in depreciation at 5 years old.

• Like 1

I traded my low mileage '12 plate VRS , I got £8600 , most dealers offered me 7-7.5k against a new Octavia, WBAC was 6 something . The dealer put it on the forecourt for £10950 and it sold within 2 weeks. 

He did say that Fabia VRS's always go quickly , if I had my time again I'd put it in Autotrader for £8300 and see what happens , you can always trade it later

• Like 1

I traded my car in for 2100 less than I paid. 18months and 45k later. Car had 65k when I traded it in. The garage jumped at the chance to buy it. Offered me a very generous amount unseen and matched it when I took it over.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Prices seem to be holding, if not increasing slightly. There are only 30 cars nationwide on Autotrader at present.

George - is your PM function disabled permanently? Edit: Ignore - it has reappeared - wasn't there yesterday.

Edited by Brian69

I cant get to read PM's often on the phone so it is off,

and then my computers were hacked and information that was on the  Briskoda PM System Only was used somehow. (so no more will anything go on there.)

I opened it yesterday just so a member could get in touch about a non car / forum issue. 

Catch you sometime. & I will PM you a phone Number, just call anytime. 

PS

Is there not 62 vRS & S2000 on Autotrader now ?

Under 6 years old

Under 1,600 cc

petrol

Automatic

0-60 under 8 seconds

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

I have seen a few recently mentioning they got a 2 Year Warranty with a used vRS.

Anyway, happy motoring,

Hope to meet you at the 2nd Annual Vrs Mk2 Get together.

There are i thing about 10 Mk2 vRS owners on here now from Scotland, and some up North in England.

?

Anyone suggesting the 'Get Together'.    STARTING A THREAD.

Fife Maybe.   Crail Thrash, or anyplace else.?

Me, VrsGeo, Sittingbull & Junior, Brian69, and the others of whom there are a few ????

• Like 1

I'd certainly be up for Crail as it's an easy jaunt from Glasgow - as much as I enjoyed Santa Pod it's a fair hurl from Glasgow (and from Forfar takes it up another level!).

and then my computers were hacked and information that was on the Briskoda PM System Only was used somehow. (so no more will anything go on there.)

I opened it yesterday just so a member could get in touch about a non car / forum issue.

PS

[b{Is there not 62 vRS & S2000 on Autotrader now ?

Under 6 years old

Under 1,600 cc

petrol

Automatic

0-60 under 8 seconds[/b]

There is - comes with 'free lifetime warranty' - hmmm... Edited by Brian69

and then my computers were hacked and information that was on the Briskoda PM System Only was used somehow. (so no more will anything go on there.)

PS

Is there not 62 vRS & S2000 on Autotrader now ?

Under 6 years old

Under 1,600 cc

petrol

Automatic

0-60 under 8 seconds

Re the s2000

Over 4 years old and only 9thousand miles?

Either very good or very bad!

A member bought one about 2 years ago, Original S2000, Dealers Display & runabout car, almost no miles.

It was one of the worst i had ever seen for corrosion on the Engine Alloy.

Probably got a regular steam clean or just once and left with no protective oily coating.

I'm not surprised Ford are offering £7500 against an ST2 at £19100

I enquired on a straight purchase for a ST3 via Carwow and two dealers offered prices under £17000

I see on Autotrader a private seller advertising for £14,999

a 2011  White 5 Door Polo GTI with 9,999 miles.

Good luck with that one, you can but ask.

I'm not surprised Ford are offering £7500 against an ST2 at £19100

I enquired on a straight purchase for a ST3 via Carwow and two dealers offered prices under £17000

The opening post is almost two years old now though.

I see on Autotrader a private seller advertising for £14,999

a 2011 White 5 Door Polo GTI with 9,999 miles.

Good luck with that one, you can but ask.

Aye, good luck with that!!

Just out of interest I got a quote for my 2013 vRS w/ 23,500-ish miles on WBAC.

£6430... jog on son :dull:

I've done the same out of interest - £5700 on a 2010 (Sep.) with 28,000.