Hey all

yea you were right number's were faint'

No real issues so far

passenger rear door creaks

rafio doest pick a signal most of the time

drivers seat belt seems iffy

tracking off maybe pulls to the left

all in all really like it

Depends where you buy it - a dealer will attract a premium. £7000 is normal. Two went recently at dealers for that amount.

Just because you won't pay it doesn't mean someone else won't :)

What a load of ****.

Really? Anyone paying 8k for a blue 2007 fabia vrs with some leather must be mad lol.

Dose that mean a 2007 fabia without leather and being any colour apart from blue is worth around 7k then?

Think the worlds finally gone mad lol

Edited by jays

I have to say that I find the values amazing.

I picked up the 09 plate I had with 20k on the clock at two years old for £8,000.

At the time they were selling for around £7,000-£8,000 on 07 plates, as most are.

Here we are 3 years later and the prices have hardly dropped.

There are some cheaper ones around, usually as they get close to 100k miles.

The cheaper one above had something like 144k miles and there are a few Cat C and D cars around too...

But generally low milage and good condition ones command very strong values, often over 50% of the purchase price (£12,500?) after nearly seven years!

Yes, dealers are asking too much.  But good ones are still changing hands around the £6,000 mark give or take £500 each way.

I don't get it, but that's the facts.

Clearly they are highly sought after if looked after and not driven too much.

I still think about getting another, but just can't justify it.

Just look at r34 gtr's - you highlighted that for me at the last meet and they hold value an awful lot more compared to r33's etc.

I'd love an r34 but they are out of reach! Settled for a bigger house and a vRS SE :)

Seen a few for under £4,000 recently myself, keeping an eye out for some local ones!

I personally think £5,000 is the max value really, see people advertise for £8,000... Along side 2011 Monticello edition Fabias at the same price.

• Like 1

Well im not sure what the original poster paid for his but it sounds like hes happy with it so thats great but as i say they really aint worth the figures some people dream up. i know for a fact if i was spending 7-8k i wouldnt be buying a 2007 mk1 vrs no matter what condition or mileage.

Mines a 1 owner 07 although not a se but if 7-8k is the going rate i cant wait to cash in on mine even if its a grand or two less than a se

As for the vrs/se being a future classic i really dont think it will ever be a classic car if you look at the true classic cars of today

Seen a few for under £4,000 recently myself, keeping an eye out for some local ones!

There is one around now for a bit over £4,000.

It's a Cat C write off, that the owner isn't declaring in the advert and it's got no evidence with it of how bad the damage actually was.

I personally think £5,000 is the max value really, see people advertise for £8,000... Along side 2011 Monticello edition Fabias at the same price.

Totally agree. As i said, to many dreamers out there thinking they are sitting on something special. Dealers will always have your pants down but you will get some kind of warranty although if buying a low mileage/owner car i cant see the point in paying ott for a warranty myself

Totally agree. As i said, to many dreamers out there thinking they are sitting on something special. Dealers will always have your pants down but you will get some kind of warranty although if buying a low mileage/owner car i cant see the point in paying ott for a warranty myself

Generally I agree, but I expect Ad Lav would have had a hefty bill on his 50k mile SE if it hadn't been covered by a dealer warranty.

You pay your money and take your choice. :)

My choice was pay 6 grand for a privately owned car or under 7 grand and get warranty, roadside assistance, 2 free services and mot's etc

I chose the latter.

I agree the price is too high considering it was £13,000 new 7 years ago but the mk2 can't touch it in terms of styling and engines on offer. I should know I had one for two years...

There is one around now for a bit over £4,000.

It's a Cat C write off, that the owner isn't declaring in the advert and it's got no evidence with it of how bad the damage actually was.

That' sold a few weeks ago for A lot less than advertised, just hasn't removed the listing.

Assuming it's the one owned by a fellow Skoda enthusiast ;)

My choice was pay 6 grand for a privately owned car or under 7 grand and get warranty, roadside assistance, 2 free services and mot's etc

I chose the latter.

I agree the price is too high considering it was £13,000 new 7 years ago but the mk2 can't touch it in terms of styling and engines on offer. I should know I had one for two years...

You sold a mk2 vrs for a mk1 vrs se??

I paid £7.5k for mine two years ago.

FSH

Recent Belt, Waterpump & Service with receipt for £800

Excellent Condition

1 of 1000 made. And ther are prob only about 800 odd left on the road.

I'd expect to pay £6-£6.5k for it now.

yea I got mines for 6700, new belt , console bush and wheels refurbs with 1 female owner and 55k on the clock, I thought it was an ok price :/

just ordered a seatbelt for the drivers side and noticed the passenger spot lamp was cracked, so a new one on its way.

going in for tracking on sat, and ive greased the door,

Still cant find the CD changer in the boot tho?? and not sure what do to about the lack of radio signal tho.