Just picked up 049

Cool any aerial recommendation?

hey yeah you were right , it was under the passenger seat, but it fails to eject the cartridge, cables also looked un clipped from seat base, possible faulty?

nah m8 I got it was a used car dealers, FSH tho doesn't seem to be much wrong with it, but just wanting it in good shape and running order, bought it has a reliable family car, as we are moving 30 miles out of Aberdeen, so doing 60 iles per day round trip , about 50 of them motorway.

2 front tyres are p0 and the rears are continental, will have to sort that out as well lol

Cheers for all the help folks appreciated,  tbh never thought I would see the day I would buy a skoda and some folk I know are still like ...its a skoda, but love the car soo stuff them haha

what ever the skoda cant beat  ..my other car is zx10r ;P haha

Edited by DeadZero

Sounds good - hope you got some extras chucked in and warranty etc?

I got mine from a Skoda dealers for similar money but quite a few perks.

Same mileage too - 53k iirc

Have fun, they're great cars.

Well, I have been full circle - sold a black mk1 vRS for a mk2 vRS estate, sold that for a Rapid and sold the Rapid for the mk1 se.

Been there, done that.  Good choice. :D

£8K ??

Christ this is the same car as mine isn't it, just one year newer and in some cases a few less miles?

I've hit the ton but have refitted in Recaro leather so the main difference for me would be the paint really.

Would I sell mine for what, probably £3k if I'm lucky perhaps, and sell for one thats blue and got standard leather for £8K almost 3 times the price.

Are you frigging mad ? :)

I do like them though :) Still, a nice purchase ! Just wouldn't pay that much for one myself, I'd be aiming for a new octy vRS or something !

im really chuffed with my vrs se very high millage of 144k but full dealer history as she was a driving instructors car body work is spotless looking at her you'll think shes only done 50k and for £3300 it was a steal :)

Hey all

yea you were right number's were faint'

No real issues so far

passenger rear door creaks

rafio doest pick a signal most of the time

drivers seat belt seems iffy

tracking off maybe pulls to the left

all in all really like it

WD40 back door hinge, replace aerial mine was rubbish too, corroded inside base, cheap off ebay, easy swap. pull your seat belt out as far as it goes and spray the belt with furniture polish while feeding it back in, rub with a duster and repeat, should cure your seat belt.  

WD40 back door hinge, replace aerial mine was rubbish too, corroded inside base, cheap off ebay, easy swap. pull your seat belt out as far as it goes and spray the belt with furniture polish while feeding it back in, rub with a duster and repeat, should cure your seat belt.  

S.E's are awesome

You will always pay much more for exclusivity, the high price stems in my opinion from the standard model, think about it, if you could get a good SE for 3,500 about the price of a good standard vRS that would mean the less exclusive standard fabia would be less still. The standard car is (of course as we know) a fantastic vehicle all round, so people will pay for them. The fact that there are limited edition models means that they will be bought at higher prices, not only that but th SE was the last of the **** hot diesel.

With regard to comparing the price similarity with mk2 monte's with low miles, has anyone driven a mk2? Be it a Monte or vRS? I test drove a new vRS and the interior was, very cheap, more so than the feel of the mk1 and it rattled when I was driving down normal roads. Not only that but lots of people are going to be put off by the dsg seemingly problematic gearbox. Which I personally love the idea of, but there's some scary videos of them going wrong even when the cars new.. my two pence :)

Had two mk1's and a mk2 vRS.

Driven a 1.6crdi in the mk2 as well.

Interior is better than mk1 - just different shapes which some dislike.

Would have got a monte instead of the se I have now but like the colour, engine and leather seats, oh and exclusivity!