Wake up call for Superb .

My Superb will be towing my caravan from Norfolk to Portsmouth on Sunday two nights rest then a slog over two days from Bilbao to Costa del Sol fantastic scenic drive in places, then three months taking on some large hill climbs, as we have friends who lives in the mountains . and generally cruising around the Mabella area it has a easy life in Norfolk with the odd run to London or Liverpool about time it earned it keep.

Update us when you get home. Being a towcar award winner, a 170 should walk it, but it would be good to get some real feedback

Did Dorset last year, my first tow with this car was great , I met a guy towing with a BMW ,He asked if it was a decent tow car, I showed him the Skoda Superb towing credentials on the net, took him and is wife for at test drive, They said they were in a state of shock with regard to how good my Superb was and its tow car awards and said as they would be seriously looking to purchase the estate as they were planning to do long distance touring on retiring.

My Superb will be towing my caravan from Norfolk to Portsmouth on Sunday two nights rest then a slog over two days from Bilbao to Costa del Sol fantastic scenic drive in places, then three months taking on some large hill climbs, as we have friends who lives in the mountains . and generally cruising around the Mabella area it has a easy life in Norfolk with the odd run to London or Liverpool about time it earned it keep.

Are you kiddin' me ... Lucky B'stard going on holiday!

(hope you have a great time...)

Rob

Today ...

A friend of mine ( owns a 2011 520 saloon ) has just decided that after seeing mine ( for only the last  three weeks ), he wants a combi .. He's had the BMW two years, and in actual fact in fact BMW's since 2003 . I was blown away by his reaction as he sat into the Skoda and suddenly realised ... "OH ****"

Rob 

Mine gets its "Wake up call" on the 29th

I've only done 1000 miles since December - now have a 1800 mile, 4 day trip to Switzerland and back - towing 2 bodyshells out and 1 race car back

I'm hoping to make use of the cruise control and keep MPG up !

Chris

Have you done the run before? I've done cross Spain half a dozen times in various cars - not towing though. I found the roads to be better than UK, as is the standard of driving.

• 2 months later...

Update us when you get home. Being a towcar award winner, a 170 should walk it, but it would be good to get some real feedback

The towing was great  on the long inclines best to hold in gear as advised ,  did the job perfectly. Have left the van in Spain so the drive back was solo , wonderful drive , proved to me what a great car the Superb is DSG, behaved perfectly. The main road  is fantastically engineered , three lane tunnels, massive viaducts and the breathtaking scenery is a real bonus . Doing it all again in Sept.

Edited by mellyboy

• 3 weeks later...