Is the 2WD Outdoor version just cosmetic?

dutyhog

Is the 2 wheel drive Outdoor version just cosmetic, or does it really give better protection?  I drive mostly on winding single track rural road near the sea, and get plenty of muck and stones flying up, although I suspect that city roads may not be much better.

The Outdoors are 4x4.

They're a bit better protected with more black plastic on the front and rear bumpers ,and side skirts which do take a bit of a battering from the front wheels.

The Outdoors are 4x4.

They're a bit better protected with more black plastic on the front and rear bumpers ,and side skirts which do take a bit of a battering from the front wheels.

Not all Outdoor Yetis are 4x4.

As well as the "tuff" black plastic cladding on the external bodywork, you can also option a Rough road package with any Outdoor Yeti, which protects the underside of the vehicle from rough roads/tracks.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/HotspotDetail?HotspotName=Yeti%20Outdoor%20-%20Rough%20road%20package&WebID=7ec91064-ebba-4a7e-bae9-4c864868b2af&Page=Technology&view=TechnologySafety

Edited by fastestlouigie

Indoor models are all 2WD.

Outdoor models are available in 2WD and 4WD.

The Outdoor styling does give more protection from stone chips etc... as the black sills and lower bumper mean there is less painted area to get hit by stones.

Plus the Outdoor looks far better.

• Like 1

Thanks, all.  So I would prefer an Outdoor 2WD then.  I wonder if the delivery times for them are even slower than 12-16 weeks - the dealers don't seem to stock any.

If you have not ordered yet get the Outdoor.

I'm still getting used to the new styling, but having seen an Indoor and Outdoor at a local Skoda dealer the other day I can say that in my opinion the Outdoor looks far, far, far, far better.

The Indoor just looks like "another" Skoda car with raised suspension.

• Like 3

I have ordered an outdoor greenline 2WD in white. It is a company lease car, so I don't know where it will be sourced from, but the delivery time is about the same for both styles.

I looked at the car at DM Keith in Leeds where they had an indoor and outdoor, both in white, although one was the metallic white, next to each other.

I had thought about the indoor, but the outdoor looked much better in the flesh and is more practical for my use of the car, eg going down tracks etc for work. However I have not specified any additional underside protection, as I have never had a problem in my current Yeti with ground clearances. (Unlike a Mondeo estate I took down a long track once for work which deteriorated to the point where I ripped off the engine undertray! (£300 to replace!!), before finding somewhere to turn around and retreat.

Didn't seem much real difference between the Candy white solid paint finish and the mettalic white to me, certainly not worth an extra £10/month on the lease cost to have the mettalic finish.

My current car is solid red, and I think the Yeti looks so much better in a solid colour, I have seen loads in the different mettalic colours and they don't suit the car as well in my opinion.

Edited by kenfowler3966

I have ordered an outdoor greenline 2WD in white. It is a company lease car, so I don't know where it will be sourced from, but the delivery time is about the same for both styles.

I looked at the car at DM Keith in Leeds where they had an indoor and outdoor, both in white, although one was the metallic white, next to each other.

Hi Kenfowler... When did you go to D M Keiths ? Our White, Outdoor Yeti is there now and we collect next friday !!

Hi Kenfowler... When did you go to D M Keiths ? Our White, Outdoor Yeti is there now and we collect next friday !!

It would have been late feb or early march when I was deciding which car to order under our lease scheme at work.

I suspect it was a different car as the outdoor was outside the showroom window and registered ready to go. The indoor was indoors(!) next to the same window and was sold as well.