Mk1 octavia

Hi I currently have a 2002 skoda Octavia tdi, I'm sure this post has been covered alot of times but wanted a fast response to my problem, basically the car will go into limp mode at 70 mph and you then have no boost, I suspected it was the maf so I unplugged it and went for a drive, when unplugged it was very down on power but turbo was working fine, plugged it back in and it stopped going into limp mode and all power was back, drive to work this morning and same issue returns. Codes have not been checked yet

Hi I currently have a 2002 skoda Octavia tdi, I'm sure this post has been covered alot of times but wanted a fast response to my problem, basically the car will go into limp mode at 70 mph and you then have no boost, I suspected it was the maf so I unplugged it and went for a drive, when unplugged it was very down on power but turbo was working fine, plugged it back in and it stopped going into limp mode and all power was back, drive to work this morning and same issue returns. Codes have not been checked yet

It's not the MAF - it's almost certainly the turbo. Search the Octavia Mk1 for 'sticky vanes'.
  • Like 1

Depending on what code you get will narrow down the problem. It sounds to me like vac leak. Check all your pipes for holes or poor fitting. A fault code will narrow it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sticky vanes buddy.. Check your EGR valve for black tarry mucous and turbo seals. You won't necessarily receive a fault code as it will clear as soon as the engine is turned back on and drive normally until they stick again. It needs sorting before you potentially snap a spindle...