headlight bulb vrs 1

Guys, what size are the headlight bulbs on mk1 vRS octy please?

I wanna order some super whites, but getting confused which to buy.. some place say h4 others say h1!

I want to change both headlights and sidelight from yellow to super white.

Thanks guys 

Headlights are definately H4, fogs are H3 and side lights are W5W.

I recently got a pack of Osram Nightbreakers (H4) - well recommended. The difference in colour of light and length of beam is like night and day vs the original bulbs.

• Like 2

H4 bulbs mate but if your gonna pay £20 for bulbs I got a set of HIDs off eBay for £25 delivered.

Give a great white light and a clear beam pattern on the mot test the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H4 Osram Nightbreakers. I know the Philips Xtreme Vision ones were getting good reviews, but they 50% more expensive(when i got mine last year)

and i think they failed alot quicker than the Osrams.

Mahooosive improvment on standards though - I do a lot of night work, so dark o clock drivin is a regular....

H4 bulbs mate but if your gonna pay £20 for bulbs I got a set of HIDs off eBay for £25 delivered.

Give a great white light and a clear beam pattern on the mot test the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did they come with the levelling thingys? or are they on manual adjustment?

Cool....

Has anyone used MTech Bulbs? seen them mentioned over on the Citigo forums (Hanging out there a bit too since swmbo's little Skoda came along)

and they are listed on HID direct webpage - cheaper than the Osrams, but claim roughly the same performance??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EPLCP3U/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Wfuttb1SZ89DR

Can recommend these

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yep, thats what im running the last 12months, great output, compared to standards its like having football pitch flood lights out the front!

Yep, thats what im running the last 12months, great output, compared to standards its like having football pitch flood lights out the front!

Another vote for the Osrams - and cheap from the bay at 15 quid.

Been running these since I bought the car - so yeah, now I think about it, they're nearly 4 years old! Not bad for the money - 4 years and no failure, with great illumination.

• Like 1

Would NOT recommend MTECs. Worse than the originals TBH.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cheers Tunk, I was dubious about them tbh, but felt i had to check in with a bit of past experience