vRS MK2 ENGINE REPLACEMENT: ARE ALL CUSTOMERS GETTING CONSISTENT TREATMENT FROM Skoda UK andDealersips

Yours is unusual in needing only 0.5 of a litre when the light comes on.

Most need over 1.2 litres to take it up to 3.6 litres of oil in the engine.

& one member that has had an engine confirmed requiring replacement only last week,

had the light come on and needed 1.5 litres to take the oil up to the correct level.

So he had around 2 litres of oil in the engine and no light or warning message had shown.

Post #1 & #2 here.

These are some of the Early cases of Engines failing and when the Engines were being rebuilt.

No oil light showing until the engine was 2 litres low of oil.

Skoda never did do anything with the Owners Hand Book or a Supplement for vRS owners,

even though a 'Contact i received from Skoda UK'  told me this was in hand.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/235952-mk2-vrs-drinks-oil-for-fun-from-new

There are members that posted here in some of the threads that then Rejected their vRS Fabia MK 2 and got deals from Skoda.

• Like 1

When mine is reading at the bottom of the hatched area (I never let it go lower) mine only swallows 0.5L to bring to the top. I feed the oil slowly, checking as I go. I use a measuring jug to keep track of what I put in.

I still think a lot of people overfill.

• Like 2

When mine is reading at the bottom of the hatched area (I never let it go lower) mine only swallows 0.5L to bring to the top. I feed the oil slowly, checking as I go. I use a measuring jug to keep track of what I put in.

I still think a lot of people overfill.

Good strategy - slow and sure.

I can understand that Garages don't want their people having to wait for the engine to cool down before checking the oil level but I do wonder whether Skoda's advice that you should measure the oil level shortly after the engine has stopped (warm check) leads people to overfill? There has to be some delay before the oil drains back to the sump.

• Like 1

mines a 61 plate, had a new engine fitted at 12k, no invoice, no details nada even though i have asked sooooooooooooooo many times

all i have is a letter off Skoda saying new engine fitted at 12k

im assuming all the old parts were used where possible, no replacement cat either

ive had 2 free services off them and a 1 year ext warranty

cars still drinking oil but im so pished off with driving another car i didnt buy ( loan car ) im leaving it as is so long as it gets no worse

ive also got a voucher for £300 to spend on next service/mot whatever

so reading what others have had i do feel better off but id rather not have had to go through all this rubbish in the first place

Edited by the mad monk
  • Like 1

Warm check is skoda word in the owners manual.

Operating temperature in the VW Polo  manual.

Stone cold is all the oil in the sump. Stone cold does not happen in 1 hour.and you need to know where 3.6 litres shows stone cold and up the dip stick.

Would people please stay on the THREAD.

As I'm trying to collate all the details from the genuine cases. 

There are plenty of other threads discussing the recent /repeat stuff.

Once again thanks to all who have made the effort to PM me directly to avoid some of the crap distracting the importance of the THREAD.

Another days interesting experience , whereby CUSTOMER important Warranty issueS are given a LOWER level consideration, above day to day internal meeting at Skoda UK. 

Senior Management, unprepared for a detailed discussion around a justified CUSTOMER CLAIM, having had a minimum of 7 hours to address . Because busy with internal meetings. 

Whatever happened to Customers are important to us .( ONLY IF YOU ARE BUYING A NEW CAR)

I await an acceptable response from Director Level on Tuesday or before. Perhaps Easter holiday means that directors and senior manager have flown the nest!

Relieved to get away from the Fabia vRS MK2 PROBLEMS AGAIN!

Thanks Austen.

I only wish their employees took note of that every working day!! Top to Bottom.

Shame they done do the Company Song and daily ritual that the Japanese Companies do!

Oh! And openness, by being upfront of product problems to their VALUED CUSTOMERS!

Trying to structure some sort of Matrix from feedback from you all. 

However, is becoming a taxing proposition due to the variable that Customer have received fro the inconsistency that is Skoda UK Customer services.

Just shows how their tactics of divide and confuse has been working to minimise their warranty cost .

However, I will persevere and see what pops out and if it become presentable.

Otherwise I will do a wordy analysis. 

Keep your feedback coming in to me.

Which ever way you view it ,the conclusion appears to be "Total Inconsistency  and confusion" which is no support to Customer!

Keith

It is good news that some 1.4 TSI Twincharger owners with cars out of the Original Manufacturers Warranty and now getting Skoda to replace engines at their expense.

I will leave them to post their own story if they want,

but maybe best left until the work is completed.

Surely Skoda, VW, SEAT & Audi will need to treat owners of the cars with poorly built engines all the same.

george

• Like 1

No engine replacement but I did have some more new breather pipes added and another pipe replaced when I had a boost leak. I've done 2500 hard miles since and it hasn't used a drop. Front tyres are almost done though and if I keep the car longer than I want to I'll be changing plugs as a precaution soon too. They looked fine though when I had them take them out for a look but it won't be long and it hits 40k

Not a happy bunny today, after my conversation with Mr Tom Chadwick Skoda UK.  

I WILL OUTLINE THE INCONSISTANCY ONCE I HAVE THE REPORT /OFFER IN WRITING  OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

My partners car is due for engine change on the 28th April 2014.

Full recon engine coming from UK WAREHOUSE STOCK. RECON CAVE to the ANOTHER enhanced version of the CTHE unit spec. Whatever that means

I WONDER HOW MANY THEY HAVE IN STOCK RESERVE IN UK.

I was told today by an owners with a car needing a replacement engine that they have been told by Skoda UK,

'There is no Short Engine Motor option, Factory supplied, 

just complete CAVE Units for CAVE engine cars, with the revised parts required to rectify the parts that were the cause of

the high oil usage..'

Well that must be a recent thing,

because there are Members here that had Short Units supplied and the original Cylinder Head refitted.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-had-an-engine-replaced

george

Problem seems to be that Skoda UK are not confirming anything in writing to their customers. I don't know about others but I have nothing from them other than a letter offering a years warranty extension and another offering a free service.

Why are they not writing to customers confirming engine change and telling them all the ins and out.

• Like 1

That thread made me laugh! The guy wanted skoda to take back his used 10k-mile Fabia and replace it with a brand new Octy vRS free of charge as 'compo'. I'm shocked he didn't expect to have to contribute to the upgrade lol. Sounds like he had a decent outcome imho,

I have the same as austenw90. Just a letter for warranty and im waiting on a compensation letter (free service). Other than a note in my service book stating engine replaced at x miles. When asked what has been replaced. I was told by the now (in) famous Tom chadwick. That all the parts that were to diagnosed as a problem have been replaced. Buy from what I can see I have a new block. Just not the head etc. Possibly someone could have a look at it at Combe on saturday?? Try and help me figure it out. I have the same engine numbers apparently. Which seems strange in itself as I would have thought that wasnt allowed. But thats my uneducated view.

I think its appalling that we are being treated differently. Iat be wrong but if this was a safety issue rather than reliability I would have been recalled. But they have been ablecto sweep it under carpet. As far as I know (although I know not much) there is only really one person with a decent amount of evidence and paperwork relating to the oil consumption hell that some twincharger owners have suffered. We should organise a mass meeting of oil burners and park outside alistair stewarts office. I have not spoke to him personally. Only this Tom Chadwick. Who seems nice to be honest. Although I am still waiting for a call back that im due this week.

• Like 1

I have the same as austenw90. Just a letter for warranty and im waiting on a compensation letter (free service). Other than a note in my service book stating engine replaced at x miles. When asked what has been replaced. I was told by the now (in) famous Tom chadwick. That all the parts that were to diagnosed as a problem have been replaced. Buy from what I can see I have a new block. Just not the head etc. Possibly someone could have a look at it at Combe on saturday?? Try and help me figure it out. I have the same engine numbers apparently. Which seems strange in itself as I would have thought that wasnt allowed. But thats my uneducated view.

I think its appalling that we are being treated differently. Iat be wrong but if this was a safety issue rather than reliability I would have been recalled. But they have been ablecto sweep it under carpet. As far as I know (although I know not much) there is only really one person with a decent amount of evidence and paperwork relating to the oil consumption hell that some twincharger owners have suffered. We should organise a mass meeting of oil burners and park outside alistair stewarts office. I have not spoke to him personally. Only this Tom Chadwick. Who seems nice to be honest. Although I am still waiting for a call back that im due this week.

No worries mate, your point is made. TOM IS THERE TO BE NICE AND KEEP THE LID ON THINGS.

GET AND GIVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING AGAINST A CASE SD No. Never trust the verbal word when you are negotiating , sorry to say the handshake days have gone. Tom works for Skoda, he's like a salesman, out to get the best bottom line for the business and that your money!

Agree 100% I am awaiting his call. All relevant correspondence have been grouped together and can be posted out apparently. But yea a record of everything I have done would have helped. So would receipts for 35litres of oil!