vRS MK2 ENGINE REPLACEMENT: ARE ALL CUSTOMERS GETTING CONSISTENT TREATMENT FROM Skoda UK andDealersips

Could anyone that has Had a New Engine or Gearbox or are undergoing the Oil Consumption test & the SKODA Customer Services way of dealing with Customers & Owners

please post their Experience.

There are a few members that were undergoing the Skoda UK way of doing things, and they seem to have stopped reporting in,

so no Idea where they got to, or if like others they gave up and got shot of the Oil Burner,

This then means some unfortunate person may end up buying a Mk2 vRS with Unresolved issues.

*Pass the Parcel with cars that Skoda know have had issues in the past 4 years and sadly the buyer of the used car are left dealing with it

out of the Original Manufacturers Warranty.*

george

Still ongoing, failed first test, had breather mod done and on second. Garage and Skoda currently being very own and helpful thus far. Will know more soon I guess when second test is done

• Like 1

Still ongoing, failed first test, had breather mod done and on second. Garage and Skoda currently being very own and helpful thus far. Will know more soon I guess when second test is done

Don't forget to get copies of both sets of test result when they are available.

If 2nd test fails, the dealer can place a direct order for the replacement engine.

Should have it replaced within 4 weeks.

George,

Shame the guy with the Polo GTI  oil burner never finalizes a reply about his treatment.

I wonder why??????

'daz1412'

is one owner that i hoped was getting sorted out.  But all the others with on going issues as well.

There is a Silent Service Campaign on the Gearboxes,

but not only for the vRS, GTI, CUPRA, A1 185ps.   & no UK Recall.

It is great how sales people know more than Skoda Technical Teams.

They were saying there was to be a Recall on Engines back in 2012 before VW revised them.

Nothing happened in the past 2 years.

Lets see what VW are doing, because Sauce for the Goose & all that.

SEAT seemed to be dealing with Issues ASAP on the 1.4 TSI Twinchargers following some instructions from someone up high.

That was maybe the CEO that actually made a Public Statement on SKY News about DSG issues, 

then was proved to be talking through his behind.

SEAT have had since 2009 to do recalls on faulty Twinchargers and never did.

It is so Covert that my friendly VW Master Tech has not been told yet.

We know how to tell when a Salesperson lies do we not?

Their lips move.

If they are working through them other than when a Customer Reports High Oil Usage,

they best get on with it, with the engines Volkswagen Built for the Skoda, Seat & Audi, and all 4 of them around the world.

Because Legal Actions against Volkswagen will mess up the Launch of their 2015 VW Polo GTI.

george

This is where you should find 'Recalls' on cars in the UK.

http://dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls

If not here,

then it is some kind of Manufacturers, 'Service Campaign',  'Silent Service Campaign', or some other 'Field Actions'

where say nothing, treat them like Mushrooms,

& it never happened.

Do not tell Registered Keepers by getting their details from the DVLA, just those that Dealers let know.

• Like 1

Purchased my 61 plate Fabia VRS Estate in April from an approved dealer 15 miles away. 11,500 miles on the clock 1 previous owner. Car had long life service with new oil and had 6 months manufacturers warranty, 6 months dealer warranty.

2 weeks ago oil light came on and took straight to my local dealer to investigate. (New it was going to be a rough ride from reading this forum!)Was charged for top up of oil to use car until next day when they booked in for oil consumption test. Told when took it in that I may need to pay if test came back "within paremeters (Was livid and spoke to SKODA UK they agreed as good will to waiver if needed)

Car failed consumption or as they said "did not fall within parameters" Local dealer advised me that SKODA Technical told them to change the oil breather but local dealer saying this will not work.

Now having compression tests carried out and awaiting results of that..........

Have spoken with the dealer who sold me the car who will not accept the car back until fixed and will get me out of the car and into another but at my expense!!! (Car purchased on PCP Deal)

I am hoping I just end up with a new engine in it but already been without the car for nealry two weeks just having these initial tests carried out!

Such a shame as I was enjoying the car and its performance but starting to regret buying it now!

Any advice on daling with SKODA moving forward would be a great help. I have referenced this site numerous times already in my dealings with SKODA UK

• Like 2

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A NEW ENGINE, WITH ALL COST COVERED BY DEALER AND SKODA UK. Don't pay a thing!

Contact me via PM for a private chat.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A NEW RePLACEMENT UNIT REQUIRED.

YOU SHOULD ACCEPT NO COSTS,AS SKODA KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS TO APPROX10 - 20% OF THE CAVE bulid ENGINES.

THE NEW UNIT WILL BE A CAVE RECON TO LATEST CTHE SPEC.

Most service managers know that the breather is an unlikely fix.

They can order the new engine directly themselves

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

Contact Skoda UK VIA THEIR website  www.skoda.co.uk  use the contact section to raise your Case No. history file with them .

GIVE A BRIEF OUTLINE OF ISSUES AND ACTIONS TO DATE.

Give them your Reg No. and your service /dealers details.

Skoda UK Customer service will normally take about 3 days to reply and give you your Case No.

If you speak to then on the phone always insist on an e-mailto cover the point raised in conversation.

If necessary you follow up with an email, with  your understanding  of the conversation. (applies to dealer and or Skoda UK)

YOUR DEALER HAS SAID IT 'S AN OIL BURNER,SO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS, as you will be able to get a refund or in some case dealer has supplied free oil as top up. 

Hope that helps you.

Best of luck

• Like 2

I was talking today to a salesman at vw and mentioned the vrs and the 1:4 engine and he said that there will be a recall on these engines/ gearboxes and that vw have already started on the polo

+

... the vw salesman said that they are working through them now , not sure about Europe but defo happening here in the uk.

What EXACTLY did this VW salesman say was to be the basis of the recall on the twincharger engines and gearboxes? Was it ALL engines? What was to be done?

For something that is "defo happening here in the uk" it all seems pretty nebulous.  However, if it has any basis in fact, this information could have a significant impact on the market value of a second-hand vRS and timing could be important ;)

The wording on the service report for my car when a new engine was fitted back in Jan this year.

"

Customer reported using oil, running rough, engine light on

Attended to customer complaint of rough running, tested and confirmed. E/M/L light on. Placed battery on charger on vehicle. Placed on 6150b carry out ODIS.

Test plan mis-fire no4 cylinder and hide cylinder registered. Swop coil pack from No4 cyc to No3, check mis-fire detection MVB still No4. Carry out compression test half bar compression No4. Liaise with technical, advised they needed to know exact cause of fault. Removed cylinder head and confirmed No4 cylinder piston failed causing bore and cylinder head damage. Technical authorised new engine to be fitted. S/F New engine complete. Checked breathers, modified breathers required s/f modified breathers and carry out software update. Final test of vehicle all ok. Subframe had to be removed to get engine out of vehicle. BAID-52079940

Check breathers as per TPI 2030474/2 found breather pipe not modified, replaced and updated CU software.

"

The above is as written on the report. (Spelling and grammar mistakes included! - Good job the technician is not employed for his writing skills!) :notme: 

D M Keith in Leeds was the dealer that did the work.

I don't know if any of the above will help, but it's comforting to know that your not the first. 

2011 Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI with the CAVE engine.

Pete

• Like 2

That is how it is done mostly,

and you always hope correctly done.

Only some forget to do the Breather Pipe / Valve Mod to go with the New 'Remanufactured Engine when it is a CAVE if not already in place.

Taking the Engine out does need a bit of work and care, as does the replacing of everything.

Another Members Engine and Subframe removed..

New Engine Awaits, (Remanufactured CAVE/CTHE Hybrid)

• Like 1

More recent engines do arrive in a more professional looking cradle  now.

Ref my Partners recon engine received in April 2014.

The above photo looks like an early spec engine replacement - "knife and fork" rusty cradle.

• Like 1

Contact Skoda UK VIA THEIR website  www.skoda.co.uk  use the contact section to raise your Case No. history file with them .

GIVE A BRIEF OUTLINE OF ISSUES AND ACTIONS TO DATE.

Give them your Reg No. and your service /dealers details.

Skoda UK Customer service will normally take about 3 days to reply and give you your Case No.

If you speak to then on the phone always insist on an e-mailto cover the point raised in conversation.

If necessary you follow up with an email, with  your understanding  of the conversation. (applies to dealer and or Skoda UK)

YOUR DEALER HAS SAID IT 'S AN OIL BURNER,SO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS, as you will be able to get a refund or in some case dealer has supplied free oil as top up. 

Hope that helps you.

Best of luck

Update on my car:-

The local Dealer with my car took the engine to bits and evidenced burnt oil in the cylinder and some scoring. SKODA UK have authorised an engine change. I am advised that this will be another CAVE with updates to most recent spec. No further warranty on the new head and block will be given!?!

Local Dealer with the car were very helpful yesterday and showed me the car (without engine) and the engine itself with the damage etc.

It is also worth me mentioning on this topic that my car was initially a demonstrator so I am unsure if this has  contributed to my issues (test pilots thrashng it from cold...)

They advised the engine will need "running in" is this correct or can it be driven as intended providing the oil is up to temperature first? I hav seen differing opinions on this issue?

I am now pushing the approved Skoda dealer who actually sold me the car to offer an extended warranty for my peace of mind and some form of good will gesture for my  trouble.......no repsonse so far!

• Like 1