No sound from radio.

Br1ck

Hi I've just brought a 1.9 SDI classic fabia 2000. I've turn the radio on and no sound. I'm waiting on keys to be delivered so I can remove headunit to look behind. So I thought I'll see if the speakers are wired up couldn't work out how to get door cards off but could see there was speakers in doors now as for the rear did the classic have rear speakers? And help would be most grateful. As finding other things wrong with car and starting to not like her :-(

Hi I've just brought a 1.9 SDI classic fabia 2000. I've turn the radio on and no sound. I'm waiting on keys to be delivered so I can remove headunit to look behind. So I thought I'll see if the speakers are wired up couldn't work out how to get door cards off but could see there was speakers in doors now as for the rear did the classic have rear speakers? And help would be most grateful. As finding other things wrong with car and starting to not like her :-(

Classic was the most basic trim level, expect nothing but a pair of fronts. As to the comment about things being wrong this is kind of minor on a 13-14 year old car, if it's the tape unit try a tape, as to keys then you don't need them, you can remove the HU without using anything thin enough to slide down the side, personally I used a small section of sheet aluminium, had the radio out in seconds vs faffing about with the 'tools' for 2 minutes and getting nowhere.

Thank for reply. On having a quick look in back I can't see any speaker cable. So now just need to work out why no sound coming from the front :-\

Sounds like the same sort of set I got, that was when I asked a mate with a misspent youth how to get a radio out quickly without messing about and his advice worked in seconds :D