Yeti boot payload.

Steve Humphreys

I'd say it would depend on the dimensions of the payload as well. If you have something of that weight sitting squarely within the boot area, i.e. over and beyond the rear axle then I could see it might cause a problem.

I'd guess OK (assuming that it's taken slow and easy over any speedbumps, potholes etc). But what's the 'boot' and how many other passengers onboard?

If it's only 2-up and the rear seats folded down so that the load could be spread then no problem I would have thought. Not difficult to get 2 extra passengers plus some typical luggage to weigh 250kg - that would surely be within normal working load for a Yeti.

I've transported 10 bags of gravel - total weight around 250 kg with no difficulty. This was from the DIY shop to home over a distance of 15 miles. Mind you Wardy has a point about load distribution. I folded the back seats forward and was able to locate the bags over and slightly ahead of the rear axle. I just took it easy over bumps in the road and going round corners.

Max vehicle payload for the Yeti is 620Kg so with even distribution over the rear axle that sounds perfectly fine to me. You can also check the max axle loading weights on the door jamb of the passenger door. There will be a value listed for front & rear axles.

I'm presuming it'll be you (driver) plus load in the car, nothing else?

Bear in mind that a reasonably sized bloke (ie ~6ft, medium build) will weigh about 80kg, so three of them and there's your 250kg more or less.  As others have said, best be sensible about the load distribution: take the rear seats out and load the bags evenly, don't pile them all up in one corner.  But with a total payload capacity of 620kg you should still easily be able to carry a front seat passenger to help with the loading and unloading.

In your situation I'd get the sand delivered with whatever else you need. Delivery is a one off cost whilst potential damage to interior, suspension etc. is with you forever.

Edited by Shanco

In your situation I'd get the sand delivered with whatever else you need. Delivery is a one off cost whilst potential damage to interior, suspension etc. is with you forever.

You will not damage any part of the car by carrying just 250kg.

You will damage any part of the car by carrying just 250kg.

How will you damage it?

250kg is the equivalent of 3 medium sized men sat in the back seat, which is well within the specification of the Yeti.