VRS Appreciation

Just wondering what the general vibe is when it comes getting noticed for having a fabia VRS? Only had my SE for a few days and I've had a few people asking me about it in car parks and telling me 'it's a golf that like ain't it' but had a thumbs up from a mk2 octavia VRS driver (which I was too slow to reciprocate) and a dude in a polo following me down the A19 then giving a flash when he turned off at a junction . . . So is this normal? As I got no recognition for driving round in my astra club before! And this seems to be a daily occurance now?

I think people are genuinely impressed with Skoda considering what they used to be like.

My parents have a yeti and get asked about it all the time!

'Thats the one clarkson reviewed on top gear, is it good'

• Like 1

Just wondering what the general vibe is when it comes getting noticed for having a fabia VRS? Only had my SE for a few days and I've had a few people asking me about it in car parks and telling me 'it's a golf that like ain't it' but had a thumbs up from a mk2 octavia VRS driver (which I was too slow to reciprocate) and a dude in a polo following me down the A19 then giving a flash when he turned off at a junction . . . So is this normal? As I got no recognition for driving round in my astra club before! And this seems to be a daily occurance now?

What did you say to them after the Golf comment lol?

Not many of them about so they do stand out quite a bit, especially in silver or blue

Red and black ones (if standard) blend in quite well, i've driven past a few red ones and thought they were just standard Fabia's until i saw the wheels lol

What did you say to them after the Golf comment lol?

I'm. Not sure what the best retort is to be honest so just said 'yea kinda, except it's a skoda? '

(I'm gathering it's rather rude to suggest that it's basically a golf lol)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not many of them about so they do stand out quite a bit, especially in silver or blue

Red and black ones (if standard) blend in quite well, i've driven past a few red ones and thought they were just standard Fabia's until i saw the wheels lol

Yea they do a bit! its a shame when people don't know what they have. Drove along side a red vrs yesterday and gave the guy a smile, he just looked at me in disgust like who the hell are you! So I scarpered . . . . And that's the first fellow owner I've met on the road. Typical!

Drove along side a red vrs yesterday and gave the guy a smile, he just looked at me in disgust like who the hell are you!

Was that in Hartlepool? Because there's a member on here from Hartlepool called CHENEY who has a red vRS. I've seen him on the road a few times.

Edited by TMB

Yea they do a bit! its a shame when people don't know what they have. Drove along side a red vrs yesterday and gave the guy a smile, he just looked at me in disgust like who the hell are you! So I scarpered . . . . And that's the first fellow owner I've met on the road. Typical!

No it wasn't mate, he was some funny old guy with ripped halfords £3 seat covers, he was on the A19 south bound from the Tyne tunnel.

(Need to meet the fellow members who are locals ; ) )

• Like 1

I'm not far from you. Don't venture near Hartlepool though unless middlesbrough are playing a friendly there. There's an bloke from Saltburn who has an SE and always gives me the thumbs up. 

• Like 1

No it wasn't mate, he was some funny old guy with ripped halfords £3 seat covers, he was on the A19 south bound from the Tyne tunnel.

(Need to meet the fellow members who are locals ; ) )

Oh right :D

I've only had my SE for a few days and I've had a couple of flashes and thumbs up from fellow VRS (furbys and octys) drivers.
Quite a nice little thing to see in my opinion.
My mum used to have an old VW camper, and the amount of horns, waves and flashes at that was unbelievable, felt like celebrities.

JRJG

• Like 1

I've only had my SE for a few days and I've had a couple of flashes and thumbs up from fellow VRS (furbys and octys) drivers.

Quite a nice little thing to see in my opinion.

My mum used to have an old VW camper, and the amount of horns, waves and flashes at that was unbelievable, felt like celebrities.

JRJG

yea it's a nice feeling, wasn't expecting it to be honest. I'm just cautious of giving the international wave of 'nice car dude!' To every tom (richard) and Harry who owns a vrs.

Should probably get a Briskoda sticker

Edited by DavidJN

I'm. Not sure what the best retort is to be honest so just said 'yea kinda, except it's a skoda? '

(I'm gathering it's rather rude to suggest that it's basically a golf lol)

it's not so much rude as totally inaccurate, because it's not 'basically a Golf' at all

I'm gathering it's rather rude to suggest that it's basically a golf

Its just becomes boring after you're told over and over again that its a VW, like it's supposed to take the ****ty taste out of your mouth from saying Skoda.

VW haven't made a car as good as the Vrs since the MK1 Golf gti.

Seems like a thumbs up results in a toss up between a similar gesture or the look of someone who has just seen a loon!

Obviously not every driver is going to appreciate it but no reason not to try

...he just looked at me like I was a crazy fool.

You wanna see the reaction you get waving at Fabia drivers when you're an ex-Fabia driver now driving an Ibiza :D

• Like 1

Ive had a few comments from shows and other people, heres a few of the ones i can remember. Usualy end up with quite a few people having a good gander at lights too.

"thats a realy nice car is it this years model?"

"it doesnt go like a tractor"

"f@#k that can move for a skoda"

"thats the newest looking 10 year old car ive ever seen"

"thats a cool looking car mate"

"not bad these skodas now"

"you have some stylish mods mate"

Oh and histerical laughter from my m8 on the cumbria run last year :D

• Like 1

You wanna see the reaction you get waving at Fabia drivers when you're an ex-Fabia driver now driving an Ibiza :D

Oh I know. Was driving my van today and went to give a wave to a guy in an nice yellow mk2 octy vrs, got hand half way up and realised I was in a citroen relay . . . . Doh

I have smiled/waved at a few Fabia drivers now (standard and VRS varieties), I've yet to get a reaction other than a blank look haha! Probably doesn't help that mine is just a Classic 1.4TDI :giggle:

• Like 1

I have smiled/waved at a few Fabia drivers now (standard and VRS varieties), I've yet to get a reaction other than a blank look haha! Probably doesn't help that mine is just a Classic 1.4TDI :giggle:

Haaha i'm going to start doing this to other Ibiza owners and hopefully get some decent responses on my dashcam! If so i'll update on here haha

• Like 1