Bump strip removal

Guitar string between the rub strip and the door (use it like cheese wire to cut through the glue). Then lots of tadis to melt the glue. I done wine and found loads of little pin holes between the glue strips. Looks better without them but at some point mine will need a respray or having the rub strips cc'd.

Similar to the guys above really. Fishing line to remove the strip, followed by petrol and elbow grease to remove the remainder glue / sticky stuff.

Did continue a little further with mine and used the DA polisher and Menzerna compounds to remove any swirls / defects. So much nicer to do without the strips there!

I wouldn't remove them completely, I was goin 2 do the same but ended up removing them and colour coding the paint and respraying them myself. Using 3m double sided bodywork

padded tape from profesional bodywork/paint shop. Looks much better and still got the protection IMO, I used my girlfriends hair drier to heat up the glue on the tape 2 pull off bump strips then used AUTO GLYM tarr remover 2 remove the sticky. I tried the fishing wire and pretty much everything else first, wd40, petrol, even tried carplan tarr remover but all was total s#*t!! Make sure u get AUTO GLYM tarr remover trust me it's the easiest way!! ;-)

What colour is your car as some colours seem to have different problems than others when removing them. I used the fishing line technique myself but with hot water to soften the glue abit and it glided through nicely but on my yellow car there was a small patch if paint missing at the front of the car and was between the glue which was strange.