Fault 17705

Hey guys, had this code for the second time in the last month. I have checked all my pipes and everything looks good.

Any advice on fixes without spending a ton? e3ura7yt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also an almighty great **** up in the software coding on some ECUs that cause this fault and no amount of work will actually rectify it short of remapping it.

Just out of curiosity, is there any remaps that's worse for this fault happening?

It is there in the standard map on some ecus. Some tuners are aware of it, some aint.

To quote R-tech's website.

"We have been updated with many emails from 1.8T 20v owners which have Golf, Seat & Skoda VRS with the AUM and AUQ engine codes. They have reported issues of there remaps from other tuners causing boost surge and 17705 limp mode / fault codes.
The fault IS based in the OEM mapping and once remapped the fault is highlighted and becomes a really anoying issues when trying to drive the car in a smooth linear style. It took us close on 7 months to produce a map code which was was happy to sell and provide to our customers, this is reflected in our feedback since 2005

We have known about these surge issues since 2004 when we started our development on out Gen3 map code for the later AUM/AUQ map software.
We spent the whole summer in 2005 on out own Skoda 180 AUM VRS mapping out the fault code, the end result was a unique one off custom map ccode unique to the R-Tech gen4 5 and gen6 custom and generic mapping code.

All R-Tech AUM AUQ maps have had the anit surge mapping code loaded since late 2005, which has provied all of our customers with one of the BEST developed 1.8T remaps in europe. Linear throttle control, smooth boost, no 17705 fault codes related to the map code. We have over 3000 very happy customers running the R-Tech Gen codes and have had many many 10000s of miles of faultless fun.

If your car is already spec1 mapped by another tuner we can provide the map patch for £150 all inc.
If your going from stock to spec1 then the R-Tech gen6 remap will be £200, which includes rolling road session.

All of our spec2 and custom remap will also be based around the R-Tech Gen6 code."

17705 can be a pig to track down. First thing is to test the DV, as the OEM DV is known to fail eventually. Many people have cured it by cleaning the Throttle Body. Pretty much all the boost & vacuum pipes are prone to splitting which can cause 17705. It can be a bottomless pit!

When I had the dreaded 17705 on my mkiv Golf Anniversary (AUQ) I replaced pretty much all the boost & vaccum pipes without effecting a cure, & it eventually turned out to be an incorrect value in the Custom Code map was the culprit. Revo map solved it & I never saw 17705 again.

Edited by pauldazzle

OK so it looks like r tech have solved this issue. I'm presuming if its in the standard map other maps have also had problems? What about shark for example?

Yes we fix this problem in our maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1