18" Turini wheels

cristobal41

Hi,

I just ordered my Yeti Outdoor Elegance today. Metal grey.

I am thinking about swapping its Matterhorn wheels with 225/50/17 tires for a stunning set of black 18" Turini wheels I found in the Octavia accessories catalogue.

Aiming to acomplish the maximum 3% increase in wheel size law currently in Spain, Iput an eye on a set of 235/45/18 tires.

I am not corcerned about milleage, performances and so on, but yes by safety and look.

Any opinion or suggestion?

Regards.

post-116240-0-69407500-1397598056_thumb.jpg

try comparing wheels and tyres with this tool:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Personally, I don't think there are any safety issues, but I don't think a sports car rim with low profile tyre would look good or perform well on an SUV. The chances are that the bigger rim is heavier, and the car will be less comfortable to drive around with less rubber between you and the road.

Good evening,

Thanks for your help and answers.

This is not a scientific or consciousness filtered decision. This car will be my wife's and i just want to make it look nice and sporty. 

I previously checked rimsntires and the Spanish regulations before making the final decision. 

I know that you are right with your concerns and approaches, but, for what I see, no safety or structural issues would arise.

Your opinions are highly appreciated. 

Regards.

Ha, you have seen what 'proper' Turinis look like haven't you? Photos in that link.

Or on my Octavia. They're a light (9kg) Motorsport wheel and put Skoda's OEM offerings to shame quite frankly...

post-3659-13976862328071_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I just ordered my Yeti Outdoor Elegance today. Metal grey.

I am thinking about swapping its Matterhorn wheels with 225/50/17 tires for a stunning set of black 18" Turini wheels I found in the Octavia accessories catalogue.

Aiming to acomplish the maximum 3% increase in wheel size law currently in Spain, Iput an eye on a set of 235/45/18 tires.

I am not corcerned about milleage, performances and so on, but yes by safety and look.

Any opinion or suggestion?

Regards.

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

The replecement tire is +1.8% larger. When speedometer shows 60mph the actual speed is 61.1mph. Recommended!

Google Galaxy Nexus 4.3

• 2 weeks later...

Ppersonally not a fan of black wheels. Just look like steels without trims on from a distance. Then again I'm probably the only person who isn't keen on Matterhorns either