Fabia vRS 2013 - HeadLights

Can someone explain to me how you can get  DIPPED beam and a MAIN Beam out of one H7 bulb which is all that seems to be in my vRS headlights.

I was expecting a double filament bulb but it only has a single filament.

I really want to improve the brightness so am looking at the Osram Night Breaker lamps

Peter

It works with the use of a shutter mechanism inside the lamp housing. When you flick main beam on the shutter opens and let's 'more' light out. If you stand outside the car and have soneone turn main beam on you will hear the click.

Night breakers are quite high up on the list of decent upgrades.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

How do you remove the std headlight bulbs on the vRS? Had a quick look tonight as I have some new Nightbreaker Plus to go in. Looks like a right fook on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How do you remove the std headlight bulbs on the vRS? Had a quick look tonight as I have some new Nightbreaker Plus Togo in. Looks like a right fook on.

With lots of swearing, ripping of skin and possibly blood :rofl:

Seriously though, should just be a twisting required but they are very difficult....I just about managed the drivers side, gave up on the passenger and got the dealer to do it when it was in for a service

I enlisted someone with small hands but it was a right pain in the a**e, there is no way you could do this easily at the side of the road even if you had a replacement bulb. It must have taken nigh on 45-minutes to an hour to change both bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited's.

My only concern is that the life expectancy of these bulbs looks half that of standard bulbs according to the Osram packaging (I'm not looking forward to changing them again!),

I also concur with getting them adjusted, mine were at the lower end of the legal adjustment as measured by beam setting equipment at a garage!

How do you remove the std headlight bulbs on the vRS? Had a quick look tonight as I have some new Nightbreaker Plus Togo in. Looks like a right fook on.

I was having issues with the projector bulbs! dont be afraid to go a bit rough! they will come out, just dont pull on the wires OBVIOUSLY.

also the bulbs are in their holders quite tightly, so ill give you some advice from another member. try a flathead screwdriver to get them out.

sidelight bulbs (501 bulb in main beam housing) does not work so dont even bother trying to get them out!

Cheers peeps. I shall prepare for an hour or two of swearing.

dont factor in that long, it took me a lifetime originally as i didnt want to break anything, but when i was told you need to be a bit rough i got them all changed over in about 10 minutes.

the only issue for me was getting the bulb clipped back into the headlight, but i always struggle with that regardless of the car :)

Took me less than 2 minutes to change the bulbs over

I'll get you to do mine next time, unless they get easier after they have been out once? ;)

Much easier changing the bulbs when the front is removed from the car while the engine is being replaced.

Then only 2 minutes per side possibly.

(Always good to look for 2 Positives for every negative.

That is not Electrical advice by the way,)

*Picture stolen without permission from another member.*

I found it fairly straightforward, a little fiddly for the first one, but when you get the knack of a little forward pressure and a twist it's fine. Also, don't disconnect the wiring connector until you have the bulb free of the lamp, and reconnect before fitting the bulb - that way if you lose grip on the bulb, you won't lose it somewhere in the engine bay!!

Do the one that is easiest to get to first to work out the knack of how.