1.2 TSi (86) MPG

a900ss

Hi,

Can owners of the 1.2TSi let me know what MPG to expect?

Little motorway driving, mostly single A roads at 50/60MPH?

Thanks.

So we have one at 42mpg and another at 44mpg - 42MPG looks like an ok number to do my calculations on then

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had mine for 3 months and 3000 miles.  I brim it every time and work it out.  On motorways longer runs 43 mpg.  Day to day 'pottering' use 38mpg.  That said at motorway speeds i tend to cruise at around 75 -80 that the engine seems to like as a sweet spot.  I am sure if i could stick to around 60 it would go up a fair bit !  The computer tells porkie pies !!

Edited by Trotts

• 3 months later...

40.1 over 1762 miles on a 1.2TSI 105ps DSG.  Some short journeys, but some decent runs in there as well.  That is using the actual fuel added and miles covered, not the computer.

The last tank included a four day holiday in Norfolk, 140 miles each way and pottering in between, and came out at 42.  Somewhat disappointing compared with the official combined figure of (IIRC) 49.6, which I think is about the same as the 86ps anyway.

The computer seems reasonably accurate on ours, only about 1-2 mpg optimistic..

Hi, thanks for the replies as I'm the OP. As it turns out I couldn't get the right deal on a Fabia so went for a seat Ibiza instead. I went for the 1.2 TDI Ecomotive (Same as Fabia Greeline?) and have had it for about 2K miles so far. Its averaging 64MPG with a motorway high of 82MPG.

Thanks to all those who posted.

• 4 months later...