ST suspension kits available from Awsome GTI

Has anyone used these instead of Bilsteins yet?  

Im currently using coilovers but for the mileage i do atm its a tad impractical so considering maybe trying these whats everyone's opinion? 

Cheers Folks 

Matt

this is from an audi forum, and for coilovers but it has some information, which may explain why theyre so cheap! read post 2!

imo if they are made by KW, have the same warranty as KW, and youre only going to have your car a couple of years, i dont see the issue with these over Bilisten :)

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/389615-ST-Coilover-Suspension-Review

also

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/296551-True-ST-coilover-reviews

Fkkkkkkkkkk, full kit for less than £400?!

Edited by matthewl

keep looking at their dampers as month to month bilstein money just never quite seems to be in my pocket.

What coilovers are you running Mati?

Yeah i agree with what you say there.... im using Prosport coilovers, tbh there not too bad for the money. just for my commute i want something abit more practical but retain abit of handling.

• Sponsor

The ST by KW kits are a great option for the money and quite a bit cheaper then the Bilstein B12 kits.

In my opinion you can't beat the B12 as the best springs and shocks option on the market but the ST kit isn't far behind.

Anyone wanting info or prices just let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

when I asked Al at Awesome how these stack up to your Bilstein B8's he did say that I was basically asking to compare them to...and I quote "probably the best damper in the world" so I think you can be safe and happy in your purchase.

I will be happy enough if they end up being a little more compliant than the B8's.  My fear is that they will be too stiff and crashy, here's hoping not.

Well, that may be mostly true but it may also contain a bit of exaggeration, as in the reputation of most "top" brands of any field. Once they've built a name for themselves it can easily get much stronger and seem like there is more way from it to number #2, when in fact the margin may not be that big. Actually I had a friend who had elaborated on that theory saying this is also what sometimes creates a big price difference between 1 and 2, hence why he always went for #2s! lol. We'll see!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have just fitted these to my Fabia to mate with my H&R springs. Overall I am very happy, ride crash is markedly improved and the car is even flatter and more responsive. First impressions are that these are a great buy.

• Like 3

Just taken the car on my favourite drive into work.

The main thing you notice is that the car is far less inclined to be unsettled by undulating tarmac.  Just on springs my car really showed the lack of damping on this particular road which has everything from sweeping and tight corners to pot holes and a long straight with choppy undulating yorkshire tarmac cutting through the peaks/pennines hills.  I can't say the car has become a Merc E-Class comfort wise, the roads near me are very bad and you still ultimately have a light car with fairly hard suspension and I am starting to think a bad balance of sprung to unsprung weight (lighter wheels?).  But you can now hammer along the piece of straight road and the car steadfastly refuses to bounce or flop around which gives huge amounts of confidence where previously some of the short up/down undulations would have you bouncing out of your seat, turn in feels sweet and rear end grip which had loosened up after stiffening the chassis with the RARB has noticeably improved.  Mid corner bumps don't unsettle the car either.

For the money I am happy.

• Like 1