Wing Mirror Loose

I have just noticed that the drivers wing mirror, in my 2008 Octavia 2, is loose in its housing. The mirror wobbles at speed although the housing is solid. How do I remove the mirror to check its attachments. I know it may be just a case of prizing it out but didn't want to attempt this without guidance in case I broke the glass.

It pulls out with a good pull from the lower edge (tip mirror upwards first to make it easier).

Sounds like your glass has come unstuck.

Search on here for full guidance on replacing mirror glass.

Then search on eBay for OVI Autos who do good quality replacement heated mirror glass for a little over £10 delivered.

• Like 1

Must be the hundredth time this has come up! Must be the most regular fault on Octavias.

I have re-stuck both mine using small blobs of quick setting Araldite epoxy, holding the glass in alignment with its backing using masking tape till the epoxy sets.

No problems with either since then, including no trouble using the mirror heaters.

Use several small blobs spaced out on the backing, not too near the edges.

They can be glued using epoxy resin, but will need to be cleaned properly first and then won't always hear properly.

If buy a new one from OVI Autos.

Oh! Hang on... I actually bought one for each side!