Shakes and Rattles

Has anyone seen or published a guide on padding out rattling door cards? Are they easy to get off and put back on?

My passenger door card rattles as soon as I'm not on a smooth surface so 99% of the time on our roads.

The dealer have been completely useless at rectifying this... I've spoken to them about it at least 6 times now but still no better.

Likewise have a rattle with the nearside door card but our dealer refused to fix it unless we signed an indemnity bill 'in case' it wasn't covered by warranty, despite their tech stating it was more than likly a broken clip or two from build. As said bill was around £140 we declined to sign it, so it remains unfixed; probably get round to looking at myself but frustrating as we took out a 5 year warranty when we ordered the car.

TP

Likewise have a rattle with the nearside door card but our dealer refused to fix it unless we signed an indemnity bill 'in case' it wasn't covered by warranty, despite their tech stating it was more than likly a broken clip or two from build. As said bill was around £140 we declined to sign it, so it remains unfixed; probably get round to looking at myself but frustrating as we took out a 5 year warranty when we ordered the car.

TP

Have you contacted Skoda UK about that? That is terrible customer service.

So, door card is out and still no obvious 'in' for the wires so its on with the thinking cap..

Taking the card of is easy enough......

2 X T15 screws at the bottom to be taken out then 2X T25 screws behind the 'C' shaped trim around the door release which just pry"s out. Then working from the bottom around the edges the card unclips. Then unclip the wire harnesses and the door release wire.

20131013_133823_ViewRd_zps003430af.jpg

20131013_134351_ViewRd_zpsf3385d61.jpg

20131013_134936_ViewRd_zpsf8667a61.jpg

I can get the wire from the car into the door using the existing entry point and casing but can't get the wire out from inside the door skin.... If that makes sense.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Here's how I got rid of the front door rattles in my Fabia, once and for all.

Got me 2 metres of self-adhesive velcro from ebay. First, I took the rough side of the velcro and threw it in the bin. Then, I stuck a strip of the smooth side along the vertical edge of the door on the side where the lock is. That way, when you put the door card back, its edge will rest on the velcro, so no more plastic on metal contact, and obviously no more rattles.

My car only needed this on the side of the door where the lock is. If that fails, try the hinge side, or even the horizontal edge at the bottom. I did that several years ago and my doors are still rattle-free.

I must point out however that this will only stop rattles caused by the vibrations you get while driving on bad roads. Don't expect rattles caused by the speakers to disappear after doing this. It will help slightly, but it won't stop them completely.

• Like 1

Here's how I got rid of the front door rattles in my Fabia, once and for all.

Got me 2 metres of self-adhesive velcro from ebay. First, I took the rough side of the velcro and threw it in the bin. Then, I stuck a strip of the smooth side along the vertical edge of the door on the side where the lock is. That way, when you put the door card back, its edge will rest on the velcro, so no more plastic on metal contact, and obviously no more rattles.

My car only needed this on the side of the door where the lock is. If that fails, try the hinge side, or even the horizontal edge at the bottom. I did that several years ago and my doors are still rattle-free.

I must point out however that this will only stop rattles caused by the vibrations you get while driving on bad roads. Don't expect rattles caused by the speakers to disappear after doing this. It will help slightly, but it won't stop them completely.

Thanks very much. Will give this a go. Edited by austenw90