Yeti FL Spotting - No Result!

Smokeyjoe

Having driven my FL Yeti for over 6 weeks now, I have not seen another anywhere except on a dealers forecourt.

However, I have seen a number of pre-FL Yeti's but not one wave or flash in response.

I don't think the FL Yeti is as recognisable to pre-FL drivers. :wonder:

As I also have a Motorhome, I am used to friendly waves and flashes from other motorhomes, but they are a bit more recognisable on the road!!!

I think it's more likely there aren't many around your way yet.  I've seen three.  I found them really noticeable from the front as they look very Yeti like but strangely different and they really caught my eye for that reason.  Much more difficult from the back - which has never been a Yeti highpoint.

I think it's more likely there aren't many around your way yet.  I've seen three.  I found them really noticeable from the front as they look very Yeti like but strangely different and they really caught my eye for that reason.  Much more difficult from the back - which has never been a Yeti highpoint.

I have seen quite a few pre-FL Yetis about but no waves or flashes returned. :'(

I drove up to Merthyr Tydfil from the south last Friday and saw a jungle green on the motorway and a petrol blue about a mile from where I was going and there are quite a few on the Isle of Wight

Spotted 2 FL yetis on the A55 in wales today one white towing a caravan and the other I think was black.

And also about 4-5 classic yetis in and around north wales. Quite popular around here.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone flashes or waves at me they will be totally ignored. I haven't and never will turn that sad.

Not my cup of tea either. It is just a car at the end of the day. But I must admit the f/l Yetis are quite recognizable from the front due to the LED DLR's providing they are fitted with them that is

Prior to me taking delivery of the SM, I had the (mis)fortune of passing a new FL every day for 3 weeks as I travelled to work. Annoying thing was that it was virtually the exact model I had ordered (except for the alloys).

Teasing me every damn day it was!

I did find that the more I drove past it though, the more I liked the FL shape and not that I'm driving one, I love it! :love:

Saw my first FL other than my own last night (03/05/2014 - 8.00pm), White parked outside the Hippodrome Theatre in Todmorden, anybody on here?

Edited by Andy831

Did a short trip from Home to Tadcaster then Wetherby and back on Wednesday, about 15 miles total.

Passed or saw parked or parked next to 9 different Yetis, including 3 FL's! Was even overtaken by a FL on a country road and I wasn't driving that slow.

Was even able to point out a white FL identical to the one I am waiting for at the moment to my wife.

Must be  a very popular car in this area.

West Country seemed to be crawling with Yeti this weekend, saw one FL on the way to work on Saturday and two FLs on my journey to Devon yesterday, as well as several pre-FL models.

I was quite surprised to see two FLs in one two hour journey, considering they have only been out a few months. They seem to be selling pretty well!

DRLs on the FL do look good, car looks a bit wider too. Not sure if that's an optical illusion due to the FL changes or not? I read a Skoda press release somewhere saying they had butched up the wheelarches a bit, is that true?

Edited by RapidRonnie

DRLs on the FL do look good, car looks a bit wider too. Not sure if that's an optical illusion due to the FL changes or not? I read a Skoda press release somewhere saying they had butched up the wheelarches a bit, is that true?

The FL is exactly the same width. The only changes were basically the front and rear bumpers, new hatch and new front lights.