Oil massage on the trip meter

Shayx

like shown in this video 

what does it mean? i replaced the oil 2 weeks ago in the annual treatment.

no other lights appear and the vehicle runs fine.

should i ignore it?

You have Insp and Oil that flash up, Insp is a 12 month reminder that it's due a inspection service, Oil is the 10k (or whatever the interval is on your engine) oil service reminder, you need to reset both depending on what's done when.

LOL, sorry for that, my english is not perfect.

the car had service and oil change, i'll try to reset the messages.

i did not notice any oil leak. i will check the level tomorrow. thanks.

Edited by Shayx

If you have recently had an oil & filter change, maybe the small 'O' Ring has has been omitted from the small end of the oil filter, its worth taking the filter out to check that it is there.

DB

If you have recently had an oil & filter change, maybe the small 'O' Ring has has been omitted from the small end of the oil filter, its worth taking the filter out to check that it is there.

DB

... and that would cause the oil service reminder (see the spanner on the left?) to come on at ignition because? Have a look in the manual if you don't believe me :)

... and that would cause the oil service reminder (see the spanner on the left?) to come on at ignition because? Have a look in the manual if you don't believe me :)

Hence my post.

DB.

Don't panic, as above... it's not that you're low on oil. It's a service indicator. Just hold the trip reset down, turn the ignition on and keep it held until you see dashes all the way across the display. You'll be good until the car deems it's due another service!

If you were dangerously low on oil then you'd be getting a bright red light on your dash! Red = danger !!