2010 VRS Headlights - SUPERBRIGHT

Im wanting to change my headlights, inc dipped and full beam (think its the same bulb). They are xenons as stock and are yellow in colour. I want to change them to super bright white in colour, (ice white). Anyone known what bulb/fitting I am looking for and has anyone any suggestions. 

Thanks, George 

The best bulbs out there at the minute (in my opinion) are the osram night breaker unlimited H7 I have them in mine I upgraded from night breaker plus a month ago and they look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From much much experimenting myself, iv found that the osram night breaker unlimited's do give out the most amount of light from a halogen bulb IMO.

They are slightly yellow, as are all halogen bulbs.

If you want a whiter light, take a look at hid's. Theyll give you a better white (with a slight blue tinge) than any halogen bulb, and work best in projector lights too

• Like 1

HID will mean doing a conversion with wiring and ballasts. Well worth it IMO and something I have done to all my cars....once I did the first one. Great white light. Be prepared for the HID 'haters' to jump on and start shouting about MOT law, which is ambiguous to say the least, and how after market kits blind other road users. If fitted and levelled correctly this won't happen.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

HID will mean doing a conversion with wiring and ballasts. Well worth it IMO and something I have done to all my cars....once I did the first one. Great white light. Be prepared for the HID 'haters' to jump on and start shouting about MOT law, which is ambiguous to say the least, and how after market kits blind other road users. If fitted and levelled correctly this won't happen.

Hi Jonro.

Are you able to send me few links or the decent HID kits that are worth the money as I'm thinking about getting an HID kit for my Car...all money I spent on the H7 bulbs could've been spent on the Decent HID kit. Thanks in advance. Matty

Might be a daft one but what's the difference between 35w and 55w and which ones should I buy...? I guess if I have the projector headlights I don't need to worry about anything like levelling etc as these are perfect for the projector ones..?

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/35wcanh7-6k-h7-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-canbus-6000k.html

I have these with no error lights/codes.

I have 6000k bulbs.

Easy to fit and use.

Be aware that because of the ridiculous shutter system flashing someone in the day is pointless unless the bulbs are already lit....it takes aprox 10s to reach operating temp.

Once fitted I would go to the local MOT test centre and for a small donation to the tea fund they should level them for you. Ask for them to be set at the upper level of acceptance.

I have tended to stay away from 55w units as they are prone to throw up error messages

They reckon 55w is twice as bright as the 35w.

However, most aftermarket hid's are 35w. The dazzling ones you see on the new audi's and what not, theyre more like 55w i think.

The audi ones are certainly twice as bright as my 35w kit anyway

35w is more than adequate however, theyre still brighter than the osram nightbreakers etc

Edited by Otaylor38

Thanks both....!!! Appreciate your help...:) so do you reckon I should still visit the local MOT once fitted I level mine even though I have projector headlights and these can be levelled by inside my car as I have the levelling switch next to my headlights...?

Ohhh and I know these will be brighter but what about the visibility...? Are these better than any Osram or Philips Bulbs...?

I find the visibility better too. They give a very clean cut off, and aslong as you dont choose a colour too blue, the light on the road is very good IMO.

You could have them levelled if you feel they need doing. I had an idea what they should be like because of previous cars, so knew they were pretty much right. Plus, the level didnt change when i fitted the hids.

If youve got the black pack lights, i think quite a few come adjusted far too low. Iv heard of quite a few on here that have needed to get them set by an mot station just so they can see a safe distance

• Like 1

The levelling rocker switch only raises or lowers the beam. If it is not correct to begin with all you are doing is raising or lowering from an incorrect start point. They will also check the beam pattern for you to check that they kick in the right place.

When fitting the return wire of the bulb should be at the bottom iirc....Otaylor38 is that right?

I've tried majority of halogen bulbs, the best being night breakers but these give a much more natural and pleasing light to the eye which reduces eye fatigue IMO as they are closer to daylight.

Id have to have a look mate, i cant remember off the top of my head :(

I fitted the wires into the h7 plug the wrong way first time though, and it didnt do any harm, just didnt work.

Edited by Otaylor38

Thanks a lot. I'll probably go with the 35w 6000k kit. Re the levelling I'll just in case pay a visit to my local mot centre. My current bulbs are Philips Diamond 5000k and these look great bit even at the highest setting I can't really see where I'm going...:( so that's why I started thinking about the HID kit. I used to have osrams and Philips bulbs which were good and too yellow.

Sounds like the typical black pack lights setting. So low you cant see a thing, it seems

Even though the philips diamond say they are 5000k, when compared to 5000k hids, they dont really compare tbh mate.

Halogens cant reproduce the colour or intensity of hids.

For reference, 4300k/5000k is around the colour of the OEM audi/bmw lights

• Like 1

Mine are the projector ones. Reading your posts I think I might need to pay a visit to the local MOT centre unless I can correct these myself somehow...?

Didn't know there was something like the black headlight set up...thanks a lot for your help. Seeing you both having 6000k 35w ones I think I'll go with the same...:)

Audi Factory Xenons are the same 35W Xenon bulbs available anywhere, and are 4300K colour temperature.laimer.

You have to remember heat as well, the headlights are 100% plastic and if you put in lights which generate too much heat you're going to melt of badly discolour parts of the headlight or your wiring. a 55W HID bulb will generate a lot more heat than a standard 35W one and will require a suitable headlight assembly with glass lenses as opposed to plastic.