EGR delete & FMIC

Hey just have afew queries about this. Im not very mechanically minded so excuse me if this sounds silly :o. Ive been offered to swap my standard intercooler and egr for a darkside front mount and egr delete. My car is not remapped yet but hoping it will get done soon. Will my car still run ok and also will it do any damage fitting this without a remap? Ive heard the EGR delete may put my engine management light on but that will map out when i get a remap?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Hiya mate

I've entered the path of the Darkside and it's really quality gear. Your car will be fine and yep you 'may' experience a warning light which will go when remapped.

My only question would be - why the swap? I assume it's someone returning to stock?

Enjoy!

David

Yeah well if you look in the swaps section in classifieds youll see it there :). Hes wanting it back to original to sell it. I just wanted to make sure before i go and bugger my car as i need it for my 76 mile round trip to work every day

I saw that FMIC listed in the swap section, and it's a bloody bargain to be honest!! Darkside's pipework alone is mega expensive to buy, plus it's extremely good quality and minimises the use of silicone hoses.

What year is your Fabia? If it's the earlier model then it will have an ASZ engine code, and I believe removing the EGR should not bring on your engine management light. However if it's the later BLT, then you can't actually map it out of the ECU. Instead it has to be mapped and set to minimum values to turn off the EML. Bear in mind that the EGR delete pipe will be different depending on the engine code, unless you're removing the anti-shudder valve from the BLT as well.

You won't do any damage by fitting either though :-)  I suppose there may be a tiny more turbo lag due to the extra pipework, but you wouldn't notice it. You car should run cleaner as a result.

Well im going down next friday and we are away to swap intercoolers :) and some pennies :p. My fabia is a 55 plate early 06 and his is 03 i think. So will i be ok fitting that egr to mine if its for an 03. Sorry again for the novice questions

You should have the later BLT engine then. If you want to fit the EGR delete then you will have to ditch your ASV (anti-shudder valve). This means that when you turn the car off the engine will shake more violently than normal briefly.

Personally I kept my ASV and got a BLT specific EGR delete then had it mapped out when I got the car remapped.

I'd definitely remove the EGR though. They cause trouble, especially on a BLT where-by you get the dreaded stutter (mine had it!).

Think i might leave out the egr delete then and just buy a new one. Any idea on a price for one mate? And also im not getting robbed doing this swap plus cash his way :o?

Depends on the manufacturer. Allard ones for a BLT are expensive - around £60/70. I got mine from a group buy organised by Joel if I remember correctly - cost about £25 or so.

As for the FMIC.... I suggest you look on Darkside's website ;-)  Most definitely not getting robbed!!!

• Like 2

So is it a BLT egr delete i need yeah? Ok will have a look mate. Thanks alot for your help :D. Had my car almost 2 years and didnt even know what kind of engine it has :p

No worries mate, that's what we're here for :)

You best just make sure that yours is definitely a BLT before buying. Have a look at some of the pictures on here - I'm sure there'll be threads somewhere if you do a search. It should be a BLT if it's a 55/06 plate though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im waiting on an airtec fmic the now bud but that engine man light will be on all the time like it or not if you do egr delete.

You won't be disappointed with the Airtec. Quailty piece of shizzle!

• Like 1

No worries mate, that's what we're here for :)

You best just make sure that yours is definitely a BLT before buying. Have a look at some of the pictures on here - I'm sure there'll be threads somewhere if you do a search. It should be a BLT if it's a 55/06 plate though.

I have a 55 plate and it's ASZ - best check to be sure :)

• 1 month later...