are there different Citigo PIDs?

sniperpenguin

Sorry if an obvious question, but just thought I would check since I've heard reference to both Garmin and Navigin PIDs.

Also, it seems like there is a slot for the PID in the glovebox, but it won't close with it in? (She has a garmin)

Cheers :)

Yes, it would appear to be for "glasses" according to page 47 of the Citigo Owners manual in PDF form.

However, did you also know that there is a notepad holder, pen holder, coin holder and card holder in the "Stowage compartment with cover on the passenger side" aka the glove box?  I certainly didn't know that!

Does anyone actually use the glove box for gloves?

Edited by JimmyR

There are two revisions so far. Garmin's systems refer to the two as...

SKODA_PID_V1

SKODA_PID_V2

You can tell which version you have from the file \NAVIGON\version.xml file - it's in the <platform> section. Obviously the VW version has "VW" instead of "SKODA", and you might easily be able to change it in the file, but you will need to delete the old Fresh settings (%appdata%\Fresh) and create a brand new Fresh account, then register the satnav again with the new account, otherwise I think it says that the device is not supported or something similar.

You may also be able to get the VW features ("Blue"?) of the satnav, but be aware that every time the satnav boots up I think it re-saves the "correct" settings to the .xml file, so you would need to edit the contents every time you tried to use it with Fresh, which most people might not be ar*ed with.

As for the differences between V1 and V2, I don't know - the rumour was some extra memory, but there could also be differences such as component firmware revisions etc. The form factor is very unlikely to have changed.

The first ones were Navigon as in my VW up I have just bought a Skoda Citigo and the PID is Garmin I hope it works better than the Navigon as this unit was a pile of crap.

The other difference is that the Garmin-badged one supports Live Services whereas the older Navigon doesn't.

My new Up (1 month old) came with a Navigon and I demanded a Garmin :)

(Sorry, Up owner here but it was a very close call and my previous car was a Fabia vRS :))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only problem I've had with my Garmin PID is that more often than not if I turn off the radio whilst listening to a SD card track when I turn it on again it doesn't recognise the SD card.  To fix you have to remove the PID until you hear an audible beep then plug it back in again.

My PID doesn't fit in the glovebox slot, it's for sunglasses.  I remember people mentioning the 'secret PID slot' so I can only assume they were talking about the old Navigon units??

The only problem I've had with my Garmin PID is that more often than not if I turn off the radio whilst listening to a SD card track when I turn it on again it doesn't recognise the SD card.  To fix you have to remove the PID until you hear an audible beep then plug it back in again.

Have you tried pressing the media button on the radio and cycle through CD, Aux then SD again? 

I've pressed the media button but haven't tried cycling through CD, Nav, Aux.  I'll give that a go next time it does it.  Thanks!

I have a Navigon with my March 13 Gitigo. The only problem I have is the PID does not show the album art when playing music from the mem card. Its because I use Flac files for the music.

Well, we may be going g back to the dealership for a chat regardung the radio / PID.

SWMBO loves the car, but the radio reception is shocking. Never mind the fact she was expecting DAB (she looked into the Mii and Up! Also).

Radio 1 sounds like a garbled mess (insert your own joke lol) despite repeated scans in different areas in Mansfield. Not sure on the solution but her 10 yr old MG has better reception!

Well, we may be going g back to the dealership for a chat regardung the radio / PID.

SWMBO loves the car, but the radio reception is shocking. Never mind the fact she was expecting DAB (she looked into the Mii and Up! Also).

Radio 1 sounds like a garbled mess (insert your own joke lol) despite repeated scans in different areas in Mansfield. Not sure on the solution but her 10 yr old MG has better reception!

May find antenna is not connected or has a poor connection if it is that bad, well worth checking out your dealer to take a look. Compare it against another whilst there if you can to prove a point.

I've pressed the media button but haven't tried cycling through CD, Nav, Aux.  I'll give that a go next time it does it.  Thanks!

I had that issue. I bought a new sd card. looks like it sulks with less than a high end make and a class 10 speed.