Dog Guard for Superb Estate

I'm after a dog guard for my Superb Estate.

I don't want a Skoda one as you seem to have to drill holes to fit it but I see the Travall fits very neatly without any drilling :

ScreenShot2014-04-19at083444_zpsa229bff9

I only need the guard for a holiday and possibly just now and then after that and am a bit loathe to have to pay £130 from Travall for one.

Bit of a long shot,but does anybody have one they no longer need that I could buy or do you know of a cheaper source than Travall themselves ?

Ta

I've got one but it's the Skoda one.

It was on the car when I bought it.  I haven't got a dog and it's been in the garage ever since

I thought all the estates had the screw points fitted

Edited by richard999

I've got one but it's the Skoda one.

It was on the car when I bought it.  I haven't got a dog and it's been in the garage ever since

I thought all the estates had the screw points fitted

Shame as I would have bought it off you but there are no screw points on my car and I don't want to drill holes in it !!

As the dog guard, was not standard on the estate, the fixing points, were not put in all cars.  As a result, many people buy the guards, similar to that supplied by Travall,  I have one and find it excellent, and it can be taken out, and put in within minutes, without any hassle.  It is expensive, but in my opinion, well worth the cost.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago off amazon from a company called Guardsman. It was £110 so a bit cheaper. It arrived within a week and took me 20mins to get it out of its packaging and 5 mins to fit. No drilling, fits realy well and looks good. I got it so I can stack stuff up in the boot (anyone that has small children will understand how much stuff they need these days) and so far cant fault it. You can still use the load cover with it fitted as well.

Ok thanks for that !

Infact I did see the Guardsman on their website for £ 100 including p and p

Doesn't look like anybody has a Travall to sell then ?

Edited by Arsey

I have said Travall guard. Very good product, fast shipping, and absolutely no way of buying it cheaper then their own website. I had a Travall one in the Octavia, didn't hesitate to buy another one for the Superb. Fit and finish are excellent. A rare case of you get what you pay for, imho...

Same as you, did not want any holes so I bought the "Halfords Advanced Mesh Headrest Dog Guard" £59.99

It fits to the headrests - no holes, no drilling, it can be put in and out in a couple of minutes and is sttrong enough to keep my German Shepherd in check.

• 1 month later...

I have said Travall guard. Very good product, fast shipping, and absolutely no way of buying it cheaper then their own website. I had a Travall one in the Octavia, didn't hesitate to buy another one for the Superb. Fit and finish are excellent. A rare case of you get what you pay for, imho...

Greetings..I bought a 2nd hand Travall, but struggle to fit it. Does it work with the load cover or only without? Do you fit it from the load area, or from the rear seats? Thanks in advance...T

If you've (re)installed it 5 times you get the hang of it  :giggle:

It fits with the luggage cover (big reason why I chose it). Fold the rear seats flat, and open both rear doors. Stick the guard in from the boot, holding it flat (horizontal with the floor). One end goes towards the open door on one side, the other side goes against the rear side window (where it needs to sit). Then pull it back towards you, so the side that is against the rear window moves to the rear of the car, and lift the other side up so it goes into it's side. Then flip the guard the right way up, and set it down where it's supposed to be.

Don't screw it down yet, now you take the luggage cover, you push it against the guard just like you would fit it normally. The rear flap of the cover will push against the guard. Now lift up the guard in 1 corner (towards the ceiling) and push the cover into it's recess on that side. The other side is the same.

Time to screw it down. Word of warning, you'll be tempted to keep on turning the adjustement knob. Don't. The guard rests it's feet on the small plastic trim right next to the rear side windows. If you screw it down too hard, you will push the legs so hard into that trim that it'll pop out of the side tabs and you'll be in for a world of trouble. Just screw it down to ensure it's a snug fit.

Push the 2 metal rods against the rear so they don't stick out towards the seats, and fold up the rear seats with a swing so they secure.

Close rear doors.

Put a bandaid on your broken, blistered, bleeding fingers.

Curse Travall.

Have a beer.

Hope this helps!  :rofl:

EDIT if it really doesn't fit, possible it's not a Superb guard? Does it come with the instructions/invoice/box or did you see the donor car?

Edited by Too Tall

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

New here, so hello.

Superb Combi arriving next week and today the dealer called to let me know that holes would have to be drilled to install the dog guard. I'm thinking this should be avoided and am considering getting the travelall instead.

1. The dog guard was a deal sweetener, if I refuse this what would be a alternative sweetener to request as I don't think they will take off the agreed price?
2. Does the travel all fit the 2015 facelift models? ( its states 2009 - 2012) on the site.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

John

need something, 2 barmy collie bitches who cant sit still

our lad is as good as gold, sits upfront, has a look where we are going then goes to sleep again

anyone using cages a la police vans?

Edited by lichfielddriver

I have a cage in the rear of my combi - Vizsla & Weimeranar

Keeps hairs, mud and smell in one place !

Wasn't cheap (around £600) BUT, its well built and would offer some extra protection to the dogs in an accident !

Chris

Hi All,

New here, so hello.

Superb Combi arriving next week and today the dealer called to let me know that holes would have to be drilled to install the dog guard. I'm thinking this should be avoided and am considering getting the travelall instead.

1. The dog guard was a deal sweetener, if I refuse this what would be a alternative sweetener to request as I don't think they will take off the agreed price?

2. Does the travel all fit the 2015 facelift models? ( its states 2009 - 2012) on the site.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

John

The OEM dog guard does require drilling into the headliner. And I agree, while a good install could be no problem, the chance of them making a mess of it are way too high - and it's very difficult to get a complete new headliner in without it having some markings that will be there for years to come.

As for the price, according to http://www.skoda.ie/owners/accessories-and-merchandise it's 312 EUR's in the Official Skoda Accessory Shop, so if they won't take that off the salesprice I'd just ask for a voucher for that amount....and I'd make sure you can use it on the first service you have to pay for!

The Travall dogguard for the Superb Estate fits the Superb Facelift Estate aswell. Only issue is when you have a panoramic roof.

Edited by Too Tall

• 2 weeks later...

The OEM dog guard does require drilling into the headliner. And I agree, while a good install could be no problem, the chance of them making a mess of it are way too high - and it's very difficult to get a complete new headliner in without it having some markings that will be there for years to come.

As for the price, according to http://www.skoda.ie/owners/accessories-and-merchandise it's 312 EUR's in the Official Skoda Accessory Shop, so if they won't take that off the salesprice I'd just ask for a voucher for that amount....and I'd make sure you can use it on the first service you have to pay for!

The Travall dogguard for the Superb Estate fits the Superb Facelift Estate aswell. Only issue is when you have a panoramic roof.

Thanks  Too Tall 

Have decided to get it installed - let's hope there is no mess, will upload some pics once its collected.

John