vRS front fog bulbs

You have to pull them straight backwards from the foglight. Off is one thing, i did not manage to get them back on. Can`t see any problem driving without these plastic locks.

post-78191-0-89322100-1398003959_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You have to pull them straight backwards from the foglight. Off is one thing, i did not manage to get them back on. Can`t see any problem driving without these plastic locks.

attachicon.gifSkoda tåkelys.jpg

Thank you ahaavi, excellent image! I guess it's for security reasons. I'll try to remove it this week.

Take care which LED bulbs you order to replace them, the bulbs say H16 on the back but if you order a H16 from eBay (or similar) you will get the wrong bulb.

I ended up buying 30w Cree H8 / H11 and dremelling down one of the 3 pronged lugs fractionally and then it fits perfectly.

Looks awesome to, especially as I have programmed all 4 of them to come on with low beam at 18% brightness :-D

• Like 1

I'll use halogen bulbs. Blue effect (5000ºK) for cornering and Yellow (2500ºK) for the others.

But both bulbs in each fog light are used for cornering.....

Spanish version uses only the exterior bulb for cornering and when you turn on the fog lights four lamps are lit. Maybe it could be changed with vag-com.

Spanish version uses only the exterior bulb for cornering and when you turn on the fog lights four lamps are lit. Maybe it could be changed with vag-com.

I have coded mine with both bulbs on for cornering, but maybe this is wrong. On my golf mk7 the cornering fogs only use one of the two bulbs. I will check the adaptations on the golf and might change the settings on the octavia to match.

But both bulbs in each fog light are used for cornering.....

If you code it that way :)

Easy enough to just code the outer bulbs for the cornering function

Change (5)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion B 8 to Abbiegelicht links

post-61868-0-93466200-1388314526_thumb.p 

Change (5)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion B 9 to Abbiegelicht rechts

post-61868-0-43722800-1388314527_thumb.p 

That should do the trick for just the outer bulbs to activate - can't remember which way round it was on the vRS!

Edit - just checked - these are for the outer bulbs

• Like 1

Done!

025.jpg?t=1398538439

Be careful when removing the plastic because you can break the seal (I broke the first one). Use a thin piece of metal for easy removal.

020.jpg?t=1398538442

• Like 1

Take care which LED bulbs you order to replace them, the bulbs say H16 on the back but if you order a H16 from eBay (or similar) you will get the wrong bulb.

I ended up buying 30w Cree H8 / H11 and dremelling down one of the 3 pronged lugs fractionally and then it fits perfectly.

Looks awesome to, especially as I have programmed all 4 of them to come on with low beam at 18% brightness :-D

Hello. Could you give us more details on this plus some pics ?

Also, do you know if it's possible to set up the coming home/leaving home function on fogs only ?

• Like 1

Here is the eBay item I brought (vRS needs 2 sets)

30w H8 Cree LED

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161276249244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When you look at these and the original bulb, one of the legs is slightly wider so requires trimming down, I did mine with a small dremel.

At the moment programming the 09 CCM for fogs as CH / LH activates them as well as the dipped beam not instead - I'm working on this.

Sorry I didn't take any pics, they will generate a fault on the dash so you will need some resistors to cancel that out.

I ordered these extension wires and soldered the resistors to them so I didn't modify the cars harness, that way it can be returned to standard with no damage. I'm working on coding the error out but so far I've had no luck.

15 ohm 10w resistors are fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390724448343?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

LED fog light bulbs can now be coded correctly, I have started a new thread but that was only so Andy could update the main O3 VCDS tweaks page

No need to buy "can-bus" ones or use any additional resistors

Details of the adaptation channels can be found here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

• 2 weeks later...

Done!

Be careful when removing the plastic because you can break the seal (I broke the first one). Use a thin piece of metal for easy removal.

Which way you used to change the bulbs? Did you remove the bumper or wheel well or belly plate or just the plastic part under the fog lights?

Which way you used to change the bulbs? Did you remove the bumper or wheel well or belly plate or just the plastic part under the fog lights?

Just the plastic part under the fog lights. Use your mobile phone to take photos if you want to see what's inside  ;)