Happy Yeti Owner

Fairyvan

I have owned my nice new red Yeti since the beginning of  Nov 2013 and I am just as pleased with the car now as I was on collection day. It suits my needs perfectly.

I do a mixture of country miles on both local A roads and moorland  lanes and 500 mile motorway trips every 6 weeks or so. My local journeys are generally 10-25 mile round trips, often longer, several times a week.

I expect to do around 14 or 15000 miles a year.  My car is on variable servicing and on collection it showed service due in 18,000 miles, after 5000 miles it now says 14000 and has obviously been reducing as I add more mileage. Can I assume that since technically it is now saying  service 19000 miles from new, that I have a happy Yeti?  :happy:   Incidentally, I haven't added a drop of oil or water yet as both are  still at the top of their levels.

You will probably find that at around 15000 the distance to service will start to drop a bit quicker as the oil condition starts to deteriorate. From past reports on here, and from my experience, 18000 miles appears to be the magic number.

• Like 1

Down under it 1 year/15000km !

So you, in colder climates can go ~30000km?

Am I missing something ?

Skoda operate two service regimes, time and distance or variable.

Time and distance is 1 year or 15,000km which ever comes first and is recommended for cars doing short trips, towing and/or climbing hills a lot, low annual mileage, etc.

Variable was original conceived for drivers sitting in a rep wagon doing high miles on a motorway but in the UK this regime is becoming the norm but the car needs the highest VAG standard of oil 504/507; variable is every two years or when the car indicates it needs attention, whichever comes first.

Myself I'm not a fan of variable, so get the car serviced on T&D, even though my TDI 150 has to have 507 oil as a minimum standard as per the service book and I cover about 22,000km annually.

TP

• Like 1

Down under it 1 year/15000km !

So you, in colder climates can go ~30000km?

Am I missing something ?

I'm on variable, but then I do nearly 2k miles a month commuting to work. My services have been at 18k, 36k, 52k, 68k, and it is now telling me I need another one with 800 miles, so 81k. Latest one is a shorter distance as I have been off work since December so have been doing a lot of shorter journeys.

If and when I retire I would change to the fixed period regime.

What I don't get is why the optional type service regime does not apply in a warmer vastly larger country.

I would have thought it would be the other way 'round with Euro zone fixed 1 year/15000km.

Seems odd to me but then we do seem to get a lot of 'over servicing' in Oz ......eg Honda 6 monthly!

They practically give the cars away here but make their profit with servicing and spares pricing.

What I don't get is why the optional type service regime does not apply in a warmer vastly larger country.

I would have thought it would be the other way 'round with Euro zone fixed 1 year/15000km.

Seems odd to me but then we do seem to get a lot of 'over servicing' in Oz ......eg Honda 6 monthly!

They practically give the cars away here but make their profit with servicing and spares pricing.

If you have a look at the cars build sticker; usually in the service book and or on the boot floor you should find the service regime code given to the car in the factory as follows (from the owners handbook);

One of the following service intervals applies for your vehicle:

› Fixed service interval QI1;

› Fixed service interval QI2;

› Fixed service interval QI3;

› Fixed service interval QI4;

› Variable service interval QI6.

If your car has been built to QI6 then your dealer should be able to reset it back to variable. Cars built to QI6 can be run on either regime, obviously any other code is T&D only.

TP

If you have a look at the cars build sticker; usually in the service book and or on the boot floor you should find the service regime code given to the car in the factory as follows (from the owners handbook);

One of the following service intervals applies for your vehicle:

› Fixed service interval QI1;

› Fixed service interval QI2;

› Fixed service interval QI3;

› Fixed service interval QI4;

› Variable service interval QI6.

Thanks for that, as it is I'm not interested in going beyond 15k/1yr.

If your car has been built to QI6 then your dealer should be able to reset it back to variable. Cars built to QI6 can be run on either regime, obviously any other code is T&D only.

TP