anyone fitted an induction kit?

dnlbwls

hi i have a 1.6 and i have had this done to other 1,6 cars which has worked well

anyone had a induction kit fitted?????i don't want the k and n ones as i've heard terrible stories about them last i had was a bmc induction kit fitted to a suzuki swift sport i had and it made an incredible difference

main reason i am asking is i don't want the eml to come on or cause problems i know it did on a hyundai coupe i had, but not my sss

• 4 weeks later...

It is probably be the case that, of those 160 people viewing your post, none has fitted an induction kit.  ;) 

Very few Roomster owners fit performance-enhancing kits to their cars.

It may be worth posting in the Fabia section.

Same front end as Roomster, but more owners with experience of tuning.  :)  

• Like 1

But Its not Tuning, 

Its fitting a Long Last (Reusable) Air Filter suitable for Wet, Dusty Conditions etc.

(Paper filters do not go well with H20)

Works well on Heavy Plant and Heavy Oil Runners in the Environment they may be used in.

Off Road Use, Quarries, Deserts etc.

Strangles the Engine once old if not Cleaned & Treated Properly.

Can kill a MAF when wrongly Treated.

Costs 3-4 times the price of Nice Clean New Filters, that have the Engine perform perfectly well.

If you think it has benefits,

or you like the sound, then 'Nike'.

Just picked up on this thread ('bin busy!). A couple of years back I had a similar thought which I shared with my local garage.

The comments by goneoffSki are familiar. The local chap suggested that there would not be any discernable improvement in performance over a regular change of the currently fitted filters.

The induction kit were not worth the money (his comment) unless I planned a run across the Sahara (his comment). If I were to do that he would not recommend me taking "George" - though if I did he would come for the laugh (his comment)...

• 2 weeks later...

tell your garage any car made for the uk roads is in fact vehicle is restricted badly, now a 1.6 engine is tuneable to any extent especially if over 100bhp (it aint a corsa pal)

the reason i was asking is why take a good car as standard and they are good cars,so was my suzuki swift sport(lost my job panicked sold it and paid finance off),now that had an carbon induction kit fitted,added 10-12 bhp on a rolling road so yes they do work if you do research and don't buy poxy k and n .it's not just sound,in fact my oh's 1.2 skoda roomster seems louder and we are sure it has a  induction as it has a nice purr about it