Fabia VRS MK1 front scoop air-intake design flaw?

Having the bonnet open and was eye-level with front scoop air-intake, I noticed that half the air-intake went to the air-filter box with the other was open into engine bay?

It got me wondering if the air-intake was adapted to get ALL the air that was caught with the air-scoop, could it improve efficiency in anyway?

Ideas anyone ??

Yeah take your grill off, drill holes in ur air box n ul hav plenty of air, even put ur windows down if I've long hair, and take a deep breath and ur sorted, wat about gettin urself sum helium lol, boy racer no doubt, get 1 of them ridiculous dump valves, n start whistling

Edited by mickvrs

Yeah take your grill off, drill holes in ur air box n ul hav plenty of air, even put ur windows down if I've long hair, and take a deep breath and ur sorted, wat about gettin urself sum helium lol, boy racer no doubt, get 1 of them ridiculous dump valves, n start whistling

Helpful thank you. Is there a solution if you have short hair?

• Like 1

As said it's a rain flap, I cut mine out with a dremel as I'm using a cone filter. I believe many have also removed the rain flap and are still running standard airbox with no issues :)

what the actual ****?

• Like 1

Can only imagine there was alcohol at work here judging by the time it was posted...? Lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

• Like 1

Having the bonnet open and was eye-level with front scoop air-intake, I noticed that half the air-intake went to the air-filter box with the other was open into engine bay?

It got me wondering if the air-intake was adapted to get ALL the air that was caught with the air-scoop, could it improve efficiency in anyway?

No, because you have a turbo shoving air into an intercooler before the engine even gets to use it. Fit a bigger turbo and intercooler if you want more cool air.

Thanks to all, got some cherry answers, but one or two were very informative.

For the members full of wit, I haven't got any hair (not through choice) but do have the sunroof open quite often..pretending that it still there..LOL

• Like 1