Air leak sound

Had my vRS since August without an issue, although took it to a VW garage to get a few jobs done, mainly cambelt and water pump as it's at 73k.

Day after the service and MOT my vRS makes a noise like compressed air is being released from a gas canister. It only makes the noise when I'm accelerating, around 1800-2900 RMP. There isn't any noticeable loss of power as far as I can tell. My vRS has a shark stage 1 map, 169BHP and 360Nm of torque.

I've noticed lots of oil around the EGR valve but not much else as far as I can see.

The garage overfilled the coolant, it's about 2cm above max, but didn't think this would be an issue.

Has anyone experienced or heard about anything similar before?

I was hoping it wasn't anything to do with the turbo as the garage already charged me a huge amount for what they did, won't be going back there again!  :wall:

Edited by SuperBox670

Mine also does this. I'm pretty sure it isn't my boost pipes as I've replaced them all near enough and also my intercooler is new so I am confident it isn't split or anything. Could possibly be a vacuum leak?

Just to confitm though, my car is unmapped and my egr is fine.

(Also my turbo is new/reconditioned replaced at same time as intercooler).

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

When cambelt is replaced upper boost pipes are removed. I would double check all the uppers pipes are sealed correctly and clipped in tightly. As they are easy to not clip in correctly etc. 

I had a brake servo vacuum hose replaced recently, when my car dumped it's coolant everywhere and the nice RAC man bypasse my heater and filled the system back up I started it with the bonnet open and he pointed out a hissing noise. Wasn't all that loud though...

I think we have very different views of what a whistle compromises of! Lol surely you were chucking pools of black smoke out and huge loss in performance with that not connected properly?

Haha yes, well it sounds like air from a canister when boosting! Not really a whistle, apologies if this is how I described it >_< 
I wasn't ragging it incase it was something serious like the turbo, there was more smoke than usual when I first booted it, but not with usual driving and I did 50 miles home doing 60 so mpg wasn't noticeably low. Performance was more sluggish but still had power.

yeah I've blown that pipe off before (somehow doesn't feel right writing that...? Lol). The whistle I have now is more of a kill bill style whistle :-)

Yeah did still have power, as in still very quickly got up to motorway speeds. The pipe that's come loose had evidently been spraying **** all over the surrounding areas of the engine bay but with the speeds of the air passing through I guess the majority went straight on down the pipe and only a small percentage escaped because of the pressure differences.

Cheers for the advice Tech, very useful!