Fabia, de-badged and de- wipered.

Like the de-badged look but not the wiper removal, reminds me of a Mk 2 Fiesta Popular which used to have a grommet where the wiper would be fitted on higher spec models.

Nice and clean though, tidy looking car in that colour.

• Like 2

Like the de-badged look but not the wiper removal, reminds me of a Mk 2 Fiesta Popular which used to have a grommet where the wiper would be fitted on higher spec models.

Nice and clean though, tidy looking car in that colour.

Thanx Gaz funny nuff used to have a wee fiesta pop, one of me first cars.

Thanx Gaz funny nuff used to have a wee fiesta pop, one of me first cars.

Me too, had a Pop Plus then a Firefly, basically a ltd edition Ghia, had the looks but a bit less spec.

Jeez, that was a long time ago!

• Like 1

Thanx folks it's really an easy mod, i knew the hardest part would be getting the rear wiper arm off so it was either call in to my local Skoda dealers to take of the arm or do it myself but knowing that they can't do F all properly i just got myself one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231046278624?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and it was a simple job using this tool.

I used fishing wire under the badges to remove and a little plaster remover to get rid of any adhesive left. You can heat the badges with a heat gun or hairdryer but i didn't.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Edited by jonro2009
  • Like 1

Looks nice with the badges off. My preferred option would be to leave the wiper on but remove and fill the main skoda badge tho.

Yeh i would if i could but thats a far bigger job ...bodywork and paint and the like..maybe someday.

• Like 1

How did you remove the badges?

Irish car? Do you have MOT over there? Is removing the rear wiper an issue on that front?

Yes man MOT over here but iv'e never had my rear wiper tested.! Is a rear wiper a part of the MOT over on the mainland ? As jonro2009 said above for the removal of badges. 

Oh right. Not an expensive job then. Thats all good :).

The rear wiper isnt part of the MOT over here mate, no. I only know because my dads vans was mot'd without one and my brothers a3 hasnt got one either haha. Made sure it wasnt part of the test before he removed it mind haha.

• Like 1

Oh right. Not an expensive job then. Thats all good :).

The rear wiper isnt part of the MOT over here mate, no. I only know because my dads vans was mot'd without one and my brothers a3 hasnt got one either haha. Made sure it wasnt part of the test before he removed it mind haha.

If your thinking of doing the dewiper mod il run you through the proper way to do it .

But its the wheels that i like the most.

If only they were £9.40. Haha.

Seriously though. When you take the wiper motor out, where do you get the cap to fill the hole?

Cheers

Thanks man ..yeh im really happy with the rims and they are so rare so the chances of seeing another fabia with them on is slim. seeing that you like them so much il put another pic of them up ....Sorry man im just a pic whore.!!!!

IMG_1205_zpsa9f4b711.jpg

IMG_1189_zps95de9685.jpg

IMG_1226_zps2616323a.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice debadged. I done my Citigo too. I would of kept the wiper though. Mind you your rear window slopes.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,No need for a rear wiper, this is a pic of my daily driver (with no rear wiper) so i think i can manage a wee fabia without a rear wiper.  :giggle:  :rofl:  :giggle:

07d7d_2131-088_Tesco_Vector_1850MT_04_jp

• Like 2

Haha. I bet you dont even use the middle mirror then do you? I drive a van for work, so i never even think of using the middle mirror in the car. Haha.

I'm not thinking of doing it atm mate, but cheers. I'll let you know if i decide to do it. Thanks again :).

• Like 1

I do like the smooth, de-wipered look but the practical aspects of needing a rear wiper take priority. De-badging, though, is always a priority for me and I do it on all my cars.

I am totally mesmerised by the shine you have achieved on your car; that must take some effort. Looks fantastic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes man MOT over here but iv'e never had my rear wiper tested.! Is a rear wiper a part of the MOT over on the mainland ? As jonro2009 said above for the removal of badges. 

mainland?