Service Counters

nightyeti

Hi all,

I have a pretty basic spec 2013 Yeti 1.2 bought new last December. Recently had it's first service.

I noticed when pressing the button on the tacho gauge, the display between the gauges first allows to change the hour, then the minute, then the odometer flashes, then it gets to the service interval display.

Till here all is fine. This shows 9900km and 360 days. There is a little "1" on the top left of the display when showing this info. Pressing the button again brings up an identical service interval display, with a little "2" at the top left. This display is showing 69 days and -200km. Needless to say the service indicator comes up when turning on the ignition.

Dealer says they did reset the service interval, but it's evident only the 1st one got reset. They couldn't seem to figure it out!! I needed the car so took it and agreed to take it back if it stays that way (doh... never expected the car to fix itself...). I went through some guides I found around here and reset the counter myself using the buttons on the dash but that procedure is also only resetting the 1st counter.

Apart from the obvious "how can I reset the 2nd one?"... why exactly do I have 2 service interval counters? Anyone else has the same and knows what is their significance?  :wonder:

Thanks for any pointers!

Dennis

• Like 1

Had to take it back to the dealer to have a closer look at it... 

They sorted it out in the end. They said there really are 2 service counters, one for quick oil changes and one for a major inspection/services. I was told they haven't seen like this that's why their routine "reset service indicator light" procedure didn't work (it did work, but only on the 1st counter). So I'm assuming it must be a fairly recent addition to the software...

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar search for resetting just the primary service counter- although mine is a mk1 fabia so I am hoping it is a bit simpler ;)

JRJG