tweenster's S2000

tweenster

Christ.

Saying that. If it was cheap, everyone would have em haha.

Just totalled them up.................£1377

That's an awful lot of money for a set of stickers 

We've owned the car for 4 months now and today was the first time since we bought it that I have had to add oil (other than the top up on the first weekend after we collected it). It took approx 300ml before it was at the correct level - does anyone know how much oil it takes to fill from the 'must fill' line to the top of the marked area? I have to confess that after checking it religiously every week and it was not using any that I haven't checked for 3 weeks; maybe need to be more diligent in future!

No idea where the 'must fill line is', do you mean the top of the cross hatch area.?

I would never add oil if thats where it is doing a Hot Check.

How do you check the Oil,  with the car not started or run, so Stone Cold,

or a Hot Check after the car has been up to operating temperature?

If you mean the must fill line is minimum mark on cross hatch area to the top of cross hatch area I was told by service manager it is 500 ml but have also heard it 1 litre.

I would not listen to Service Managers, or to the likes of me.

You have the car, you have the oil,  so do the topping up if required, then you actually know yourself.

The Dipstick in a vRS that requires 3.6 litres,

is identical to the Dipstick used in other VW/Skoda engines that require 3.9 litres of oil.

It is inaccurate,

and the Diagram of a Dipstick in the Owners Manual is rubbish.

*If you know you have in 3.6 liters,,and check where it is with a Cold Dip, that is maybe more Accurate.*

Then you can check the Oil anytime before starting the car to go driving.

Thats why so many Technicians and Service Managers send Twincharger engine cars out with more oil than 3.6 litres in.

You would think since it is their Profession they could get correct the Quantity of Oil in and know how to check it.

(IME when the bottom of the dipstick is still just wet, above the orange ball, and no warning light or message has shown,

to get the oil up to the correct level can require 1.3 litres of oil,

then with a Hot Check, that is at the top of the Cross Hatch.)

Always do a hot check - gives me a good excuse to take the car out for a spin on a Sunday morning!  I call the bottom of the hatch area (closest to the orange ball) to be the 'must fill line.

Still, doesn't seem to be using too much oil so not overly concerned.

Following a phone call from the dealer the car is booked in on 5 July for the gearbox oil change and ECU reset.

Also ordered the sunglasses holder and under-seat storage boxes for DIY fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took car in for the gearbox oil change and ECU re-set but there was a computer issue at the dealer and they couldn't do it. They did replace the drivers door seal - somehow Mrs T ripped it with her handbag - and I also bought the under-seat storage boxes to fit when the weather is nice.

Also took the opportunity stretch the Fabia's legs a bit - great fun!

The garage kindly washed the car this morning as part of their service and I returned home. Unfortunately we have a large cherry tree opposite our front door and the cherries are just maturing. Today, it seems, the birds were having a party in the cherry tree and the vRS is now covered with red splatters and cherry stones.

I guess the car will be washed again tomorrow!

*If you know you have in 3.6 liters,,and check where it is with a Cold Dip, that is maybe more Accurate.*

How exactly do you KNOW you have precisely 3.6 litres of oil in an engine? You may have carefully weighed out 3.6 litres on your reasonably accurate digital kitchen scales and then poured in whatever hasn't stuck to the container with which you weighed the oil. You can't be 100% certain that you drained ALL the oil in the first place.

Thats why so many Technicians and Service Managers send Twincharger engine cars out with more oil than 3.6 litres in.

You would think since it is their Profession they could get correct the Quantity of Oil in and know how to check it.

This from a gentleman who periodically claims carefully to put 3.7 litres of oil in his Twincharge engine.

You really shouldn't be pushing this canard that a precise quantity of oil is EVER actually KNOWN to be in an engine by either you or a Technician or Service Manager or that it makes a huge difference if you have a wee bit more or less in.

Certainly you should not overfill or you run the risk of the crankshaft aerating the oil and/or damaging the catalytic converter.  However, If you check the dipstick and keep an eye on the the oil pressure light and the oil temperature reading you are going to be fine and can overcome your debilitating OCD issues ;)

Are you for real? When you you are used to doing oil changes you know there might be a little oil left in the engine. You put in slightly less fluid. Not normally weigh. Then top up slightly. But you do not bung in too much. Then add some more. Many are putting in 3.9 LITRES I HAVE EVEN SEEN 4 LITRES POURED IN. yes I regularly put in 3.7 LITRES. Because I regularly do oil changes. Doing someone else's twin chargers oil change. I would ask them what they want done. Oil used etc. Tongue in head. Sensible discussion and thoughts on the matter. Based on experience not listening to some person that had no idea where the oil filter was after a roadest.

Please go read some more. There are often no 'check oil light or message. Or low oil pressure light with the oil as low as 2 litres down in a 3.6 litre capacity of oil engine. Have you actually dipped one of these engines yet? Less than half oil in the engine and no warning light, Everyone does not run with oil temp showing. Some cars on variable servicing had no 'oil temp' on maxidot.

Guys, there are enough oil threads already where you can continue this discussion, I really don't want this to become another, especially as I don't have any oil consumption issues.

• Like 4

Guys, there are enough oil threads already where you can continue this discussion, I really don't want this to become another, especially as I don't have any oil consumption issues.

You are absolutely right, I apologise.

It is for this very reason that a single sticky covering oil issues and with the first post limited to accurate factual information and advice would be such a good idea - sadly the usual suspects disagree and on this occasion I was suckered into correcting a nonsense post :(

ps - I think that your question:

<snip> does anyone know how much oil it takes to fill from the 'must fill' line to the top of the marked area? <snip>

was a good one, worthy of an intelligent, useful answer ;)

Edited by vxh26

You are absolutely right, I apologise.

It is for this very reason that a single sticky covering oil issues and with the first post limited to accurate factual information and advice would be such a good idea - sadly the usual suspects disagree and on this occasion I was suckered into correcting a nonsense post :(

Stop pouring fuel on the flames would help! In my view. 

Lets stick with tweenster thread and not resourt to having the last word.

Surprised a young lad in a Focus ST170 this morning; off a roundabout he was clearly 'giving it some' and the look on his face as a little green Fabia came passed him was priceless!  :D

• Like 2

I really like what they did stance wise to my car. I think just perfect amount of lowering. Springs being progressive make for a marked handling improvement. I will start saving for RARB now :)

Picture,Jab?