tweenster's S2000

tweenster

I agree, that is exactly how I want the car to look; reduced arch gap but not ridiculously low. And the improved handling of the springs and RARB should be a notable difference over standard.

Silver indicator bulbs ordered for front and rear.

Tried to fit the under seat storage boxes this morning but was defeated almost immediately as I didn't have the correct tool for the seat removal. Anyway, they are now on order so that will be a job for next weekend.

Silver indicator bulbs fitted front and rear this evening:

Before:

DSC_0141_zps2b1bb57b.jpg

After:

DSC_0142_zps35b023fc.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsffa59417.jpg

Very happy with the front end but the rears still show the orange bulb holder; it's not much but enough to mess with my OCD!  :D

Under seat storage boxes fitted this morning, and took advantage of the front seats being out to give a good clean and hoover of those areas that are usually hidden away. There was evidence of spilled tea/coffee but it cleaned up quite easily. Very happy, the boxes should stop Mrs T having all her 'stuff' in the door pockets that is extremely irritating when the start sliding around under acceleration and braking.

Next weekend the car is booked in for the gearbox oil change/ECU re-set and it will also get the Eibachs fitted. Plan to pick up the sunglasses holder as well and when that is all done the car will be 'finished' (whilst acknowledging that no car is ever really 'finished'). 

There are a couple of stone chips that need attention and may also look at another set of wheels so I can have summer and winter tyres fitted.

Had a great run out in the car this morning, out on the road at 0630 driving around almost deserted roads apart from the odd car or lorry that was easily despatched. One scary moment when a young lad coming the other way chose to overtake at an inappropriate time and place, seemingly oblivious to the fact that 2 cars travelling at 60mph (in a 60 zone I hasten to add) are closing at 120 mph and his car was incapable of overtaking in the space available. Fortunately, they guy being overtaken and I both recognised the situation and hit the brakes and pulled into the nearside, giving this idiot just enough room to finish the manoeuvre. Fortunately, on this occasion, no harm was done and hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson.

Every time I drive the vRS I enjoy it; very happy to keep it despite all the concerns about oil consumption (that our car fortunately doesn't suffer from).

• Like 1

You coming to Blyton?

I would really like to be there, especially as it is only 20 minutes or so away, but unfortunately I have a family commitment that day

Have done a lot of miles in Mrs T's vRS this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it; the best bit was that it averaged 43mpg in the process and I can assure you that it was not being driven with economy in mind! Interestingly (or maybe not!) I did the same route in the Mondeo this evening and only averaged 33; certainly food for thought.

Car in the garage this morning for the gearbox oil change and ECU reset recall so I thought why not have the Eibach springs fitted as well!

DSC_0148_zps2bd3e2f8.jpg

DSC_0149_zps92c2cf94.jpg

DSC_0150_zps27c2e545.jpg

Very happy with the result (and they should settle a little lower in a week or so); IMHO this is how the car should have left the factory. It's a very subtle change and the average bloke in the street probably wouldn't notice unless it was parked next to a standard vRS.

Dealer supplied and fitted for £276 that I thought was quite reasonable.

• Like 1

Loving the Eibach springs/H&R RARB combo; really has transformed the car.

I did say that would be it, but I'm thinking maybe a tweak of the brakes is required ...

Spare wheel? Passenger seat? Rear seats?

Yup, all of that:)

After fitting Brembo HP2000 and getting big jump in braking performance I am still left wanting... I need more feel from the pedal but not sure if it is electronics screwing it up (emergency brake assist and all the rest) or simply discs are too small and calipers crap for track work?

RARB is the best handling mod for mk2 vRS money can buy, it indeed transforms the car!

I must have missed you on the track yesterday...

• Like 1

I must have missed you on the track yesterday...

LOL! No, I never ventured out on track. I used to race karts so I'm afraid driving a front wheel drive car with a relatively poor power to weight ratio holds no appeal for me. And I'm getting on a bit now!

Mrs T took the newly lowered Fabia to work today. And do you know what she said about it?

Yep, absolutely nothing!  I guess the Eibach's haven't upset the ride quality then.  :D

LOL! No, I never ventured out on track. I used to race karts so I'm afraid driving a front wheel drive car with a relatively poor power to weight ratio holds no appeal for me. And I'm getting on a bit now!

I raced karts as well in my long forgotten youth. FWD machines are well funny in comparison-constant understeer and the ease to get them four wheel sliding into corners without any opposite lock lol. I need to go and do Club100 at Rye House soon as I am itching for some real adrenaline. Track days are fun but bit boring comparatively. HowFast? @ Bedford injects a bit of adrenaline as it is timed and you only have 2 laps to hook it up so pressure is there.

Having said that I did enjoy a lot trying to outrun Sharkrider but with him having RARB fitted I could only be faster in the chicane at the back of the track as it was a slow corner so understeer did not hamper me too much :).

Still, you should have seen this car before it got Eibachs on and track day rubber on lighter alloys!

Still managed to melt the hub spacer on my front right so much heat load Blyton produced!

Edited by Jabozuma
  • Like 1

Loving the Eibach springs/H&R RARB combo; really has transformed the car.

I did say that would be it, but I'm thinking maybe a tweak of the brakes is required ...

Just re-reading the thread over

Interesting stuff,I never got arm rest though!

Forgot to ask,have you still got the weights on under the back bumper or do you think the mods you've done are enough?

I haven't looked under the back bumper but if they are still there they will be coming off. I see no reason to carry around 25 unnecessary kg especially when most of Mrs T's driving is commuting through Lincoln city centre.

• 2 months later...

Drove Mrs T's Fabia for a bit this weekend and I'd forgotten how well it handles and how 'solid' if feels in the corners; the Eibachs and RARB really do make a positive difference. Most of the journeys were in 40-60mph traffic and the little Green machine managed 47mpg on the way to Skeg-Vegas, and 42 on the way back; very happy with that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is a lovely looking motor, your good lady is very lucky.

Thank you.

Will be racking up a few hundred miles in the Fabia this weekend so have treated it to a clean (using the new Karcher K2 Compact), a glass polish and some Sonax BSD (ran out of time to do the whole car though). Took 250ml of oil to top her up so it is using some but not enough to cause me concern.