car lost all power, epc light. please confirm

Pulling out from a junction car just went dead, no power at all.. still running but very lumpy. Epc light on the dash which ive never seen on before while driving..

Car would only rev to about 1500rpm and was lumpy as hell.!

Turned car off and started her up again.. epc light went out and car has been ok for 5 miles since...

Had a quick look around. And all is pointing to a knackered throttlebody

Is this correct?

Can anyone shed some light on this please

Thanks in advance

Nothing came up.. Dave plugged it in 

Very strange , am thinking throttle body is shot or on its way out because if I only touch throttle, car goes like clappers (an inch of pedal) but if I try to use more than this, car goes into limp mode! 

Epc hasn't happened since but throttle is very strange 

Yep, the ECU will adapt the TB over a few cycles.

But not if it's buggered..?.. or if the pedal sensor is buggered..

It really is odd this car, an inch of travel and it goes real well.. boost gauge shows 20 tail off to 17-18.. yet if I push any further bang.. limp

Any other car I've driven, how much u press the loud pedal determines how fast u go lol.. Not this one, it's hard trying to tell yourself in a traffic light GP to only press a small amount because your first instinct is to floor it

Gets on my nuts 

Turn ignition on.

Let the TB Buzz

once buzzing has stopped press the pedal - all the way down, if you hear a click at the end of the pedal travel thats the TB on WOT.

If you here WOT about 1" of pedal travel it needs to be reset.

Turn ignition on.

Let the TB Buzz

once buzzing has stopped press the pedal - all the way down, if you hear a click at the end of the pedal travel thats the TB on WOT.

I will try this mate... 

So do I need to disconnect the battery before trying this or just go out to the car now and try it? 

Turn ignition on.

Let the TB Buzz

Just tried what you said mate.... the click happens at about an inch of pedal.! 

So obv needs to be reset properly via vagcom ? 

If the pedal or the tb was knackered it would drive like absolute crap. If at all.

I would think by that point it woukd throw a code.

like I said mate. Great when they are running but a pain in the arse when playing up.

For all intents and purpose its running fine looking at numbers.

If the pedal or the tb was knackered it would drive like absolute crap. If at all.

I would think by that point it woukd throw a code.

like I said mate. Great when they are running but a pain in the arse when playing up.

For all intents and purpose its running fine looking at numbers.

Can you perform a tb reset via vag com Dave? 

Because  I know the throttle pedals can be weird as explained by you before but this really is odd.. literally one inch is brraaap, anything more she's limpin 

If you had a drive you would think it's not right at all.. But then it would take you a while to get used to it lol.. 

Can you perform a tb reset via vag com Dave? 

Because  I know the throttle pedals can be weird as explained by you before but this really is odd.. literally one inch is brraaap, anything more she's limpin 

If you had a drive you would think it's not right at all.. But then it would take you a while to get used to it lol.. 

Yeah I can but it will already be reset as it sorts it's self out.

I'd be checking that actuator out and make sure it's set right 

• Like 1