Anyone visited the Skoda factory in Mlada Boleslav ?

I was wondering if anyone visited the Skoda factory in Mlada Boleslav...

From what I was told, the Superb is also built there (so the Octavia) and that they organize factory tours.

I have done such a tour in the BMW factory in Munich and it was a blast.

This summer I plan a road trip to visit Prague and would like to take my Superb to a trip to the "maternity" :)

Any tips/advices/pointers are highly apppreciated. Thx.

Edited by Norian

If you want to visit the plant at Mlada Boleslav then it would be wise to book ahead. We were in the area a couple of years ago and just turned up. We were told politely that we could not tour the plant because they were fully booked that day. There is a showroom with all the latest models on display and an area with a selection of the Skoda models from way back, which is interesting but not worth a special trip to see. I would contact them in Mlada Boleslav and make a firm booking.

The superb is built in Kvasiny

Thanks !

Gone onto their site and you're right !

http://museum.skoda-auto.com/tours/Factory-tour

I'm just writing now to their contactpersons for details and arrangements.

What I don't understand is why:

Excursions to production halls in Kvasiny plant are possible only till 16.5.2014.

I was planning a June trip, but, looks like I have to move forwar the trip.

I got the following answer:

Good afternoon,

thank you for your interest you take to our company. The Kvasiny Plant will be closed for visitors for some months  - we do not know now, for how long. It would be possible to visit the factory here in Mlada Boleslav. In case, that you will be interested in  to come to Mlada Boleslav, let us know.

I wrote them crystal clear I'm only interested in the Superb assembly line and they are suggesting a visit to Mlada Boleslav :( I don't care about other assembly lines...

Oh well, I can do it in September or, I can do it next May. After that I don't think I'll have a chance to see the actual Superb in production :(

What new model might that be? :think:

http://www.praguepost.com/czech-news/38298-skoda-set-for-record-breaking-year

" ... Škoda recently announced that it would be making an additional vehicle at its Kvasiny plant, and this is believed to be this new SUV, named by the motoring press as the Škoda Snowman. A sister model will also be produced for fellow Volkswagen Group brand SEAT. "

• Like 1

I visited the Skoda museum in Mladá Boleslav on the way through to Hungary in 2008 in Superb MkI 2.5.  We stayed a couple of nights in the town but didn't visit the factory.

post-19106-0-98050600-1398497844_thumb.jpg

post-19106-0-16017400-1398497725_thumb.jpg

• Like 1